How to cancel your AOL account

afrokenshin

This is a genuine script given to AOL staff to stop people cancelling their accounts

from the http://cache.consumerist.com

this is why all the reps you speak with at AOL sound the same.

http://cache.consumerist.com/assets/resources/2006/09/script2.jpg

:evil:

Actually there is no need to talk with a rep at all.  There is a link on the main AOL page after signin.  They opt into one of three programs, one being the free no support deal and thats it...their done.

Also calling them over this issue is not a problem either....they are fully expecting your call and will not give you one bit of hassle over it....I just went through it for a gift account that I had given someone a year ago...took me a sum total of 4 minutes on the phone and no hassles.

AOL subscribers also received an email from the president of AOL about 45 days ago that contains all the information and how to do the switch.

Actually there is no need to talk with a rep at all.  There is a link on the main AOL page after signin.  They opt into one of three programs, one being the free no support deal and thats it...their done.

Also calling them over this issue is not a problem either....they are fully expecting your call and will not give you one bit of hassle over it....I just went through it for a gift account that I had given someone a year ago...took me a sum total of 4 minutes on the phone and no hassles.

AOL subscribers also received an email from the president of AOL about 45 days ago that contains all the information and how to do the switch.

yea now its ok after it was shown what a hassle it was to cancel on CNN. 6 Months ago it was a nightmare to cancel aol.

I haven't dealt with them since last year but I remember, that I would have to come up with insane lies just to get the rep to listen to me, my favorite was I'm going to prison and I don't think I need Aol in prison. :2funny:

or that I'm joining the peace corps or the army, but that was to be expected since I was just using the free month, you think they would catch on after I used the same debt to activate and deactivate  like 6 months in a row. :evil:

I haven't dealt with them since last year but I remember, that I would have to come up with insane lies just to get the rep to listen to me, my favorite was I'm going to prison and I don't think I need Aol in prison. :2funny:

or that I'm joining the peace corps or the army, but that was to be expected since I was just using the free month, you think they would catch on after I used the same debt to activate and deactivate  like 6 months in a row. :evil:

When I was thinking about cancelling my AOL account, I was going to call in and say, "Your service sucks". :haha: :haha:

Plain and simple...I would like to cancel my account please...simply inform your bank account about the same and if all else fails go back earlier on a new phone call and simply say...I'LL BLOW YOUR FU*KIN BRAINS OUT!!!  Thankyou and have a nice day  :angel:

TheHalf

Plain and simple...I would like to cancel my account please...simply inform your bank account about the same and if all else fails go back earlier on a new phone call and simply say...I'LL BLOW YOUR FU*KIN BRAINS OUT!!! Thankyou and have a nice day 

TheHalf

Um...you probably don't want to say those exact words....that would be bad....actually very bad....most companies that deal with the public via phone now have these things called the "magic" button.....  It's only used in times of threats, bomb threats and other neato stuff like that.....you would be honestly amazed at how quickly you can get a response to one of those threats when that button is pushed......in fact...you might want to change your underwear BEFORE you say that.....cause you might not have a whole bunch of time to do that afterwards..... :2funny:

Um...you probably don't want to say those exact words....that would be bad....actually very bad....most companies that deal with the public via phone now have these things called the "magic" button.....  It's only used in times of threats, bomb threats and other neato stuff like that.....you would be honestly amazed at how quickly you can get a response to one of those threats when that button is pushed......in fact...you might want to change your underwear BEFORE you say that.....cause you might not have a whole bunch of time to do that afterwards..... :2funny:

People must have something against Dell. So many pranks.