IE Problems in Windows XP Pro 64Bit

justinlay

Ok my friend at work is having some problems with IE in XP Pro 64. This is what he has told me "basically my 32bit version of IE hangs as if it is loading a page while my 64bit doesn't". To what he also told me. He cant ping or even access the router? It does this in IE6 & 7. So far this is all i know, and if you have any suggestions shoot them my way. Cause right now he whats to :knuppel2::tickedoff:

Ok my friend at work is having some problems with IE in XP Pro 64. This is what he has told me "basically my 32bit version of IE hangs as if it is loading a page while my 64bit doesn't". To what he also told me. He cant ping or even access the router? It does this in IE6 & 7. So far this is all i know, and if you have any suggestions shoot them my way. Cause right now he whats to :knuppel2::tickedoff:

I had some very (I mean very!) strange things happen with XP64 while I had it loaded.  When certain pc's would connect to my network the XP64 box network adapter took on a mind of its own....almost looked like a broadcast storm (or depending on where ya come from...a packet flood).  I had to go into tcpip settings and disable some things that normally one would not mess with to get it to go away and even then I suspect that there was still some driver issues even though I had the current ASUS networking drivers.  The alternative was to not allow the box that seem trigger XP64's reponse to stay on the network very long or do any major data transfers from it and to be honest...I had so many compatiblity issues with XP64 and usb devices etc...that I went back to 32 bit pro.