XP Pro?

ratchet

I was under the impression that any networking features were unavailable with the Home edition.  Is that not true?  I've never used it.

thats not true. XP PRO just has domain control, and a few other little things i cant think of right now.

The biggest difference between XP pro and home is pro is somewhat threaded

You can remote desktop into a Pro machine, while you can only RDP FROM a Home Machine.  Pro also has a built-in client access license, than can be used to remote desktop in Windows Server 2000, or 2003, without any additional terminal server licenses.  Pro has more administrative features, such as the ability to join a domain, while home cannot.  XP Professional can also be deployed using Ghost images (ghostmaster baby), to the corporate network, without having to "activate" windows on each machine.  With our version, we don't have to activate it at all. 

You can remote desktop into a Pro machine, while you can only RDP FROM a Home Machine.  Pro also has a built-in client access license, than can be used to remote desktop in Windows Server 2000, or 2003, without any additional terminal server licenses.  Pro has more administrative features, such as the ability to join a domain, while home cannot.  XP Professional can also be deployed using Ghost images (ghostmaster baby), to the corporate network, without having to "activate" windows on each machine.  With our version, we don't have to activate it at all. 

Yea...what he said......

:thumbsup: The ghostest with the mostest.  :wink2:

Lol I can only speak as a home computer user , I have 2 puters , one on XP home  :angry: and one on Xp Pro  :lol: in my view Xp home is Mickey mouse on tranx , Back up :angry:

Xp Pro for the home user has the great A.S.R (automated system recovery )

the greatest get me out of the shit tool I have ever come across, and makes it well worth the extra cost ,  that is as long as you have a partitioned H/D or a second one, and who doesn't  , you haven't ? think about it , it makes sense , you only have to do it once, and sleep well for ever more  :angel: