check it out people

bkkslurpee

well day 2 with upgraded service they say its gonna get better went from sbc or att basic service top out @ 1.5 mbps

now using elite sbc or att service that tops out at 6 mbps so is it true its gonna get better as i stay connected and also does the amount of ram affect my connection cause i just went from 1 gig ddr2 to 4 gigs ddr2 will that help too?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4937 Kbps about 4.9 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 603 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.lofl.net

Test Time:: 2006/11/07 - 10:19pm

Bottom Line:: 86X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.7 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 34.796 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 106.48 % faster than the average for host (pacbell.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B1SVCMNTG

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 3.1) [!]

going from 1GB to 4GB of ram, isn't going to make a difference in your internet download speed.

Thats really good already for att 6Mbps, you will probably top out at around 5.5-5.7Mbps.

Not entirely true.  Depending on processor speed and what he has loaded, the amount of available ram will have a substantial effect on browser performance.  The speed tests utilized here and everywhere else are still dependant on actual system performance capabilities and system ram plays a key roll as to overall system performance.  The bottom line is that 1gb is okay...but 2 is better for all aspects of using windows....the less windows has to swap to hd the better.....regardless of what app you use.

Not entirely true.  Depending on processor speed and what he has loaded, the amount of available ram will have a substantial effect on browser performance.  The speed tests utilized here and everywhere else are still dependant on actual system performance capabilities and system ram plays a key roll as to overall system performance.  The bottom line is that 1gb is okay...but 2 is better for all aspects of using windows....the less windows has to swap to hd the better.....regardless of what app you use.

yea if he is encoding video in the background then it might slow down the result, but if he is just testing then going to 4gb of ram, or anything over 1gb is not going to make his internet any faster.

well day 2 with upgraded service they say its gonna get better went from sbc or att basic service top out @ 1.5 Mbps

now using elite sbc or att service that tops out at 6 Mbps so is it true its gonna get better as i stay connected and also does the amount of ram affect my connection cause i just went from 1 gig ddr2 to 4 gigs ddr2 will that help too?

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 4937 Kbps about 4.9 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 603 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.lofl.net

Test Time:: 2006/11/07 - 10:19pm

Bottom Line:: 86X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.7 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 34.796 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 106.48 % faster than the average for host (pacbell.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B1SVCMNTG

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 3.1)

Glad you got it all sorted out.