in Viet Nam, until one day he was shot down and then

flew a prison cell in Hanoi. he was a pow for many

years and is still pissed off because of the outcome

of the Viet Nam war. he is a warrior, ed

Puerto Rico

Do you remember when Puerto Rico was raising heck

about the US Navy using that nothing little island

just off the coast of Puerto Rico for bombing

practices, which they had used for the past 75 years?

Demonstrations were held, Hollywood left wingers, Al

Sharpton, and his fellow demagogues went down there to

demonstrate to get the Navy out?

I am sure it infuriated you just as it did me at the

time.

Well, here is our revenge.

Always be careful what you ask for, you just may get

it!

One of the many headaches that the U.S. has had was

the Puerto Rican Island of Vieques. In the waning

years of the Clinton Administration, Protesters

demanded that the US Navy abandon bombing and naval

gun fire exercises that had taken place on the largely

uninhabited island for nearly seventy years. Liberal

icons bumped into one another to fly to Puerto Rico,

boat over to the island, trespass (but never on a day

that there was an exercise scheduled) and get

arrested for the benefit of the New York Times or

Newsweek. They included the Reverend Al Sharpton,

Jesse Jackson, Joan Baez, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.,

Edward Olmos, Michael Moore and Ramsey Clark, just to

name a few.

In 2002, the bombing exercises were transferred to an

Air Force bombing range in central Florida, not far

from the Jacksonville and Pensacola Naval Air

Stations. In January, many of the protesters were back

in Puerto Rico, celebrating the final bombing

exercise on Vieques and waved Puerto Rican flags and

placards that read

"U.S. Navy, get out of Puerto Rico."

The following February, Rumsfeld announced that the

U.S. Navy will close the Roosevelt Roads Naval Air

Station in Puerto Rico in 2004, eliminating 1200

civilian jobs as well as 700 military positions. This

naval facility is estimated to have put nearly $300

million annually into the local economy.

The next day a stunned Governor Sila Calderon, held a

news conference in San Juan, protesting the base

closure as a serious blow to the Commonwealth's

fragile economy. The governor stated that "The people

of Puerto Rico don't now or never did have an interest

in closing the Vieques bombing range or the Roosevelt

Roads naval base. We are interested in both staying in

Puerto Rico."

When asked, the Commander-in Chief, Western Atlantic

Command, said,"Without Vieques, I see no further need

for the facility at Roosevelt Roads. None."

So, Yankee go home? Fine. But we'll take our dollars

with us.

Hasta la vista, baby!

On February 21, the Secretary of Defense also

announced that starting this year, the U.S. European

Command would begin moving most if not all of its

active combat and support units from bases in Germany

to others being established in Poland, The Czech

Republic, Hungary and Turkey to "better position

them for rapid deployment to likely hot spots in those

parts of the world."

Immediately the business and government leaders in

the German states of Hesse, Rhineland and Wurttemburg,

protested the loss of nearly $6 billion in revenue

each year from the bases and manpower to be

displaced.. A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry

speculated that the move may be "what the Americans

call 'payback' for the actions of this government in

opposing Military action in Iraq".

Oh, ain't it nice to see a government with guts and a

good memory.

ATTA BOY BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbs p;

GOD BLESS AMERICA

CONTINUE DOWN

Also, here are some statistics and conclusions about a

different subject.

If you consider that there has been an average of

160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations

during the last 22 months, and a total of

2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60

per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington   D.C. is   80.6

per 100,000 for the same period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be

shot and killed in the U.S. Capitol, which has some of

the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you

are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm duplicating this from another post I made...because it really belongs here....

911 changed everything for all of us worldwide, the planet human situation as we knew it is no longer exists whether we like it or not.  The cancer that is fueling the terrorism fire is one that must be met with radical treatment...not holistic medicine and this means that we all have to make some sacrifices for at least the short term if we have any hope of a cure.

Any weakness or failure in the erradication of this cancer could very well result the destruction of society as we know it.  These terrorist organizations don't care who they kill nor do they care if they die themselves...death is not feared...it's hoped for....and they will utilize every weapon, every able body and every ounce of technology that they can lay their hands on to further their cause and there are those out there who will sell or give it to them.  We must utilize every law, tool and ounce of technology at our disposal to combat them and if that means we have to give up a little freedom in the process to preserve our nation and our world then I am all for it.  Its not all about the one....its about all of us....worldwide and it's about time that Americans understand we are but ONE nation on this planet amongst many and each of us has to give a little to protect the whole....we still remain and always will be the definition of freedom for the worlds people and if we work together nothing will change that...certainly not the Patriot Act I or II.

So we are in IRAQ for Freedom of Liberty? Nothing has changed since 9/11 where is this change? Gas prices went up, the price of milk went up? Increase in Salary? Tell me what really happened?

NYC, Washington DC, Seattle - - These are the places that have to worry about Terror.. Not mid-westerners, reality check people..

I'm confused, so our soldiers getting killed is so I can live free and buy a big mac with cheese??

Also your average CRIMINAL can not compare to the death of a SOLDIER.. Get Real..

These young guys would right now be concerned about getting LAID, but instead they are worried about loosing their life.. Watching friends DIE, for what?

For me? Ha!! BS... This is the 3rd, maybe 4th time we are in IRAQ.. What is this a game for Presidents to play with peoples lives? Someone needs to wake up the leaders of this country with more than a letter..

Here is the sad truth.. LINK

This isn't a average HOMICIDE in Washington, DC.. Sorry folks..  :angry:

So we are in IRAQ for Freedom of Liberty? Nothing has changed since 9/11 where is this change? Gas prices went up, the price of milk went up? Increase in Salary? Tell me what really happened?

I really don't know how you can not see what has happened VyraX. It is all around you if you just open up the front door and go outside. Have you checked on a plane, or entered a gov't building, etc... Plenty has changed.

NYC, Washington DC, Seattle - - These are the places that have to worry about Terror.. Not mid-westerners, reality check people..

And what really makes you feel like those are  the only 3 cities targeted? You evidently know little of AF bases, or military bases in general. You also must have little knowledge of missile silo's either. Just what do you really know about important military things in the US? How many missile silo's do you know of that exist in middle western Kansas, VyraX? I live here, and I do know.

I'm confused, so our soldiers getting killed is so I can live free and buy a big mac with cheese??

If that is all freedom means to you, then maybe you should have been a little closer to what has happened in the world lately.

I know several soldier boys that are doing there duty. I am proud of them.

By the way, has anybody that You know ever been in the military.

I still remember the general public during Viet Nam. "We don't care, we just want to grow flowers and protest." I never thought much of that type. They always appear to be afraid to get dirty.

Things do have to happen sometimes.

Also your average CRIMINAL can not compare to the death of a SOLDIER.. Get Real..

These young guys would right now be concerned about getting LAID, but instead they are worried about loosing their life.. Watching friends DIE, for what?

For me? Ha!! BS... This is the 3rd, maybe 4th time we are in IRAQ.. What is this a game for Presidents to play with peoples lives? Someone needs to wake up the leaders of this country with more than a letter..

You are right. So who said it could? These fine fighting boys are doing a job, not hiding from it, or looking for a short cut.

And what were the other times we were in Iraq, I only knew of 2 times we went to War over there. And sadly the first time, we almost won it, but really had over stepped our reason to be over there in the first place. We only went in to free Kuwait. And had done that long before we got as far as we did. It should have ended at the Iraq border. And all we left behindwere a mad bunch of people who wanted to know why we did not liberate them anyway, while we were that close. Or do you remember the War.

Here is the sad truth.. LINK

This isn't a average HOMICIDE in Washington, DC.. Sorry folks..  :angry:

No that is War.

I am going on, because our boys were forgotten after Viet Nam, why cause folks wanted to forget and call them murders and baby killers. I just don't, and will not stand by for this to happen again. They need our support, and I will do what ever is necessary to make sure it does not repeat it self.

i just wish everyone could be free and be civil to other people... like.. when clinton was pres... everything seemed better to me *although i was young, i didnt really care*

9/11 was just horrible.. people can be retards

That's because slick willy was too busy getting his rocks off with Monica to do anything constructive or destructive for that matter....

OK, here is a little about little Billy. Pretty much the  way I see it through someone else's eyes.

Bill Clinton failed to prevent 9/11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George W. Bush learned from Clinton's mistakes. The Bush-haters will never stop carping about the reasons we're fighting in Iraq. The reality is this: Five years after Osama bin Laden brought the war to our shores, there have been no attacks on U.S. soil. Bush has kept this country safe for 1,825 days. Thank you, Mr. President.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his insufferable 957-page autobiography, "My Life," former President Bill Clinton devotes a total of four paragraphs to the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993.

"I wrote this book to tell my story, and to tell the story of America in the last half of the twentieth century," Clinton brags early in the book.

Clinton must have been suffering selective amnesia when he wrote the book. To sidestep the opening skirmish of what could end up being the greatest struggle the United States has faced

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

tommie: What in the world are you doing, reprinting,

posting copywrited material. I thought that was bad

news city to do that. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

In case you haven't heard yet.  Last I heard.

US House

Dem. 228 Rep. 203

US Senate

Dem. 51 Rep. 49

Looks like the fine citizens of the USA handed GWB

his balls on a platter.   :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

It figures. :sad3:

Nah, just having a little fun. :grin2: Good to see you paladin. You don't get in here often. Hope you enjoyed it. :wink2:

Thanks tommie. Most of the time I just observe and

keep my yap shut. Sometimes I even learn something.

And sometimes I have other fish to fry.