Security+

jamaicarocks

HEY EVERYONE!!!!...I recently did the ComTIA Seccurity + exam and FAILED,not becuz of lack of preparation but becuz ComPTIA is "SlipStreaming" aka changing the objectives of the exam ,so what you studied so hard for isnt what your gonna get tested on.So people BEWARE dont waste your money.Wait for furture notice.

Thank you!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!...I recently did the ComTIA Seccurity + exam and FAILED,not becuz of lack of preparation but becuz ComPTIA is "SlipStreaming" aka changing the objectives of the exam ,so what you studied so hard for isnt what your gonna get tested on.So people BEWARE dont waste your money.Wait for furture notice.

Thank you!!

This is actually very common with COMPTIA....Although the certifications are nice to have do not put all your job eggs in the certification basket.  Most employers know the difference between booksmart and experienced candidates the guy/gal with the experience nowadays is going to get the job over the guy with a ton of certs.  Now for a while that was different...but employer experiences with the heavily certified and non experienced person is that they are totally useless in a crisis because they can't think outside the book.  Your best bet is to get as much experience as you can...starting from the ground and working up....you will be far better prepared and qualified than your cert smart equiv.

I would recommend that you should study the exam objectives from the official CompTIA site.  [LINK]

There are also a number of lines of study guides, which you can pick up or order in to your local bookstore.  I particularly like the Exam Cram and Exam Prep series.  You can also order these from Amazon.

Are you A+ or Network+ certified too? Both of these certs are entry level and provide a solid foundation for other higher level certs, not just CompTIA. If you aren't, I would strongly suggest studying these two. If you are, then hang in there and keep plugging away!