What monitor to get?

bent240LV

I just figure if you have space you might as well go CRT. Cheaper and more reliable.  :smiley:

Hi Tommie , exactly my view , 11 months back , then my good old HP monitor died, so bite the bullet time, I found I could get   lcd for the same money as crt ,

no gaming for me but I do some photo stuff, and could do with some more real; estate on the desk,  for dinner , coffee , etc, and  the occasional naked female  :lol:

( I wish, ) 

I got a Benq fp71g+ , nah, I would not go back to CRT now,  it is running fine,

and no sign of my bigest fear, dead pixels,  and crystal clear still , 

m

you forgot "you can also kill your eyes"

Hi dlewis23  and Guy's, anyone else had this problem with the switch from CRT,  I developed bad headaches after the switch ,I tried all their brightness adjustments etc, and left the computer alone for a few days, I found some comments on the internet , that indicated that I was not alone with this problem , it was suggested  the headaches would go after about 2 weeks and sure enough they did, the headache was centred at the back of the eyes, anyone else noticed this ?  my monitor BenQfp 71 G+ 

just curious, and no problems since   

mHi dlewis23  and Guy's, anyone else had this problem with the switch from CRT,  I developed bad headaches after the switch ,I tried all their brightness adjustments etc, and left the computer alone for a few days, I found some comments on the internet , that indicated that I was not alone with this problem , it was suggested  the headaches would go after about 2 weeks and sure enough they did, the headache was centred at the back of the eyes, anyone else noticed this ?  my monitor BenQfp 71 G+ 

just curious, and no problems since 

I never had any problems when switching from a CRT to a LCD, it actually made me fell better when using the computer for a long time.

I actually have problems using a CRT now it gives me a headache because im use to not seeing the monitor flicker

'I am assuming this is the same thing for T.V.'s of the tube variety? I never even noticed it when I was a kid watching T.V. That sounds a little strange. Guess my wifes eyes ought to really bother her then. She lives in front of the damned thing all day, til the phone rings, or her belly growls.  :lol:

'I am assuming this is the same thing for T.V.'s of the tube variety? I never even noticed it when I was a kid watching T.V. That sounds a little strange. Guess my wifes eyes ought to really bother her then. She lives in front of the damned thing all day, til the phone rings, or her belly growls.  :lol:

it is the same for tvs as well but most tvs use a mugh higher refresh rate, most people dont move there computer monitors about 60hz which is very low.