IE7 Drag links or whatever on to my screen. HELP ! !

tommie gorman

Anyway for a little more explanation.

I just installed according to my updates to IE7. Not bad, had a little trouble getting Outlook opening up tonight. But here is the problem I have not heard of yet. You know how you hold down the mouse to drag the E from the very top left corner to drag a shortcut to a page for later usage onto you main screen. ( I know all of this is not PC comp talk, but I hope you know what I mean )

Well. It won't work in IE7 for me. Never had this problem in IE6.

I just installed it last night right before I went to bed.(11-10-06 early AM)

In advance, THANKS Tommie

If I can't get that back, what would be the easiest way back home to IE6? I really want to try and use it.  :wink2:

Anyway for a little more explanation.

I just installed according to my updates to IE7. Not bad, had a little trouble getting Outlook opening up tonight. But here is the problem I have not heard of yet. You know how you hold down the mouse to drag the E from the very top left corner to drag a shortcut to a page for later usage onto you main screen. ( I know all of this is not PC comp talk, but I hope you know what I mean )

Well. It won't work in IE7 for me. Never had this problem in IE6.

I just installed it last night right before I went to bed.(11-10-06 early AM)

In advance, THANKS Tommie

If I can't get that back, what would be the easiest way back home to IE6? I really want to try and use it.  :wink2:

Uninstall IE 7 under add and remove programs. It puts IE 6 back.

Tommy,

I did not know that you could do that in 6. But I just tried it with my version 7 and it worked for me? You are talking about the "e" just to the left of the url, right?

You did not do it right.  :lol: But inaddvertantly you just fixed  it. I now have to drag the one you mentioned instead. The one in IE6 was the one in the very farthest top and left corner. The one in the colored bar edging. Yeah, a trick I picked up on. You would be suprised how many thing you can drag places. I actually got that trick from a video game once.   :haha: :haha: Of all places.

And again thanks Mtal1ca, you have saved my IE7 from getting trashed. :tickedoff: I will be able to play with it a little longer now.  :grin2:

I just noticed that it gives you better looking icons for the different sites, instead of just a boring "e" for all of them.

I am starting to like IE7.  :thumbsup: