How To Clean A Lcd Monitor??

Beathemdown

I want get those annoying Fingerprints and want to know how to clean a lcd monitor.

Hi Beathemdown , We haven't spoke b4 , anyway ,Welcome from me ,to the forum, I just faced that problem a month back with my first LCD monitor,

I followed the manufactures advice, with the monitor turned off for a least one hour, I used a damp soft cloth, with mild detergent, (liquid soap ) well watered down , that got rid of the fingerprints but left streaks,  so I used another soft cloth and sprayed a non-silicon glass cleaner onto the cloth, and used that, and finished with a gentle  wipe over with another soft cloth ,

result  back to as new , You can get special screen cleaners from puter stores , but I have never tried them , hope this helps ,

Roco UK

Eh, I just use windex!  :evil6:

Hi Sparticus013, you could be right (Eh ) but I once cleaned a CRT monitor that was on, with a WET cloth , the flash was unbelievable ,  :haha: and it was still OK after, but I have adopted the cautious  approach ever since  :evil6:

Hi Sparticus013, you could be right (Eh ) but I once cleaned a CRT monitor that was on, with a WET cloth , the flash was unbelievable ,  :haha: and it was still OK after, but I have adopted the cautious  approach ever since  :evil6:

heh, I think I broke my work laptop when I used Windex on it. But I have used Windex on my home monitor for atleast two years. :D 

I used a damp soft cloth, with mild detergent, (liquid soap ) well watered down , that got rid of the fingerprints but left streaks,  so I used another soft cloth and sprayed a non-silicon glass cleaner onto the cloth,

hi roco and other guys

to get rid of the streaks white it down with news paper

yeah sounds a bit wierd but after the screen is wet wipe it down with news paper and it works like perfect

heh, I think I broke my work laptop when I used Windex on it. But I have used Windex on my home monitor for atleast two years. :D 

Yeah it's fun when it's the works machine,  :haha: but it would make mad if it was mine  :shock:,  great way to get a upgrade at work though   :wink2:

hi roco and other guys

to get rid of the streaks white it down with news paper

yeah sounds a bit wierd but after the screen is wet wipe it down with news paper and it works like perfect

thanks Just , I have heard that advice b4 , but I worry about the antiglare coating on the screen,  I have seen that used on  house windows though  and with perfect results,  me and my screen are paranoid I guess ,  :lol:  

Unfortunately they just replaced the screen.  :cry2:

:haha: :haha: bad luck , still ,you can always try again  :wink2:

wasup with your firm  :smile2: tight gits, I had a memory problem , and got a upgrade  :evil6: and was allowed to keep the old laptop for free, LOL , I love my job , no names in case they follow this forum  :wink2: 

:haha: :haha: bad luck , still ,you can always try again  :wink2:

wasup with your firm  :smile2: tight gits, I had a memory problem , and got a upgrade  :evil6: and was allowed to keep the old laptop for free, LOL , I love my job , no names in case they follow this forum  :wink2: 

Lucky, my company would never even think about giving me the old laptop. Somtimes I just wanna  :tickedoff::twogun:  But it pays good.  :haha:

Lucky, my company would never even think about giving me the old laptop. Somtimes I just wanna :tickedoff::twogun:  But it pays good.  :haha:

Sparticus, it pays good , Well forgive them their sins,  :smile2: just roll with it , :wink2:

an Old Brit,. saying there is more than opne way to skin a cat  :evil6:

opne ????, old English spelling of "one " yeah, if you believe that ,  :oops:

I just hope Beathemdown has got his LCD screen clean, without a problem,

if not Beathemdown please post the results ,as I fear we have wandered way off topic ,

try following the LCD manufactures advice, if that fails, please post back into this thread,  if things work out OK let us know, either way, I would appreciate your comments

Regards Roco UK 

I use a 50/50 mixture of water/alcohol on a soft cloth.  :thumbsup:

Oh, fikester, that is the way we cleaned medical slides, using de-mineralized water , can you get commercial alcohol in the states over the counter ?

not possible in the UK, in case we drink it  :lol:

Oh, fikester, that is the way we cleaned medical slides, using de-mineralized water , can you get commercial alcohol in the states over the counter ?

not possible in the UK, in case we drink it  :lol:

I suppose you could try bourbon, too.....  One for me, one for the monitor, two for me..... :haha: :haha:

I would think isopropyl or denatured would do the same.  Wouldn't recommend it on an lcd monitor, though.  I'd stick with a mild soap and water solution on a cotton cloth.