Beathemdown

SpyWare??

I just download Zone Alarm ne else have it?

I run it on my desktop....no slowdowns after finally got it configured correctly? Run a completely different set up on my laptop, connection speeds are near exactly the same.

coknuck...mine kept said...failed...that it was in stealth mode and that they couldn't even see a computer at my ip addy...like this...

" Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet."

guess that's good...huh?...but the ping also failed...which i guess from what i read that it's not supposed to...how do i fix that...or do i want to fix that???

"Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED)

tdawnaz, Go to Control Panel>Firewall>Advanced>ICMP Settings and uncheck allow incoming echo request.

thx coknuk...it won't hurt anything right...like my instant messengers???

Hiding from the boys in black are we tdawnaz  :?:  :cool:

Now how did you get into stealth mode??  :lost:

nah i'm not hiding...i'm right out there for all to see...

i'm not sure how it got that way...my son musta set it that way...he built this thing from the ground up...piece by piece...setting by setting...he's in this forum too...i'll have to have him look at this topic...see if he's ever tried that test on his computer...

thx coknuk...it won't hurt anything right...like my instant messengers???

No it will not bother your messengers. It just won't let you be pinged. You can still do a Ping & Tracert test. My wife uses messengers all the time and hasn't complaned

guys all anti spyware are free is u no which site to go . i use webroot spy sweeper and spyware doctor.if any one wants the site pm me

nobody needs to pm u for those sites...u can post 'em here...

now if ur planning on passing something thru pm that's illegal...i'd think twice about that...huh?