Jump to content

Recommended Posts

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 3380 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 413 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/11/12 - 7:40pm

Bottom Line:: 59X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.48 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 14.5 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 70.89 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-J6A9F34LT

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; WSA v1.0 - www.vinn.com.au; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

Before I was around 6 Mbps and now am around 3 can someone tell me how can i get back my speed back to its formal self. You can either post here or hit me up at my aim Spantoleum2. Thanx

Link to post
Share on other sites

4. This tweak will help web pages load faster, it has no real effect on download

speeds, your pc will look up websites faster, speeding up how fast the page loads.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices

  TcpipServiceProvider

  On the right  >  change these entries: (ALL values are HEXIDECIMAL)

  Class                    REG_DWORD        0x00000001 (1) Left this regular at 8

  DnsPriority              REG_DWORD        0x00000001 (1)

  HostsPriority            REG_DWORD        0x00000001 (1)

  LocalPriority            REG_DWORD        0x00000001 (1)

  NetbtPriority            REG_DWORD        0x00000001 (1)

18.  Increasing network browsing speed

Open up regedit,

navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current

Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace],

find the key named {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

[tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks]

Right click on it and delete it.

I did this also

1. Open Internet Options - under the General tab in the Temporary Intenet files section,

    select the Settings button.   

    Select "Every visit to the page" and set the amount of disk space to use:

    to no more than 100-1000MB. Now select the Connections tab and

    select LAN Settings, make sure EVERYTHING there is unchecked and select OK.

2. In Internet Options - select the Privacy tab and choose Advanced,

    check the box "Override automatic cookie handling" and

    for First-party Cookies > Accept,

    Third-party Cookies > Block and check "Always allow session cookies".

    ~ Now, NO MORE SPYWARE COOKIES.

and this 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aslo i dont know if this might help.

TCP options string = 020405b401010402

MTU = 1500

MTU is fully optimized for broadband.

MSS = 1460

Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which equals MSS.

Default TCP Receive Window (RWIN) = 65535

RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits

Unscaled TCP Receive Window = 65535

Note: TCP 1323 Options need to be enabled for RWIN over 2^16 (65535). Windows 9x might also need the MS Vtcp386 fix.

For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.

Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:

513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)

256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)

128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)

64240 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product (Note this is not a speed test):

Your TCP Window limits you to: 2621.4 kbps (327.675 KBytes/s) @ 200ms

Your TCP Window limits you to: 1048.56 kbps (131.07 KBytes/s) @ 500ms

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON

Time to live left = 122 hops

TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

IP type of service field (RFC1349) = 00000000 (0)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming the third post is a cablenut settings. Don't forget that the wrong settings will actually slow down your connection speed. Use your back up file and it will go back to normal.

That is why I use the TCP instead. Not too many ways to screw it up.  :wink2:

And you did clean out your cache and defrag regularly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 ways.

1)Disk Clean Up. Mine is in startup. or in Start*all programs*accesories*system tools. I also check everything in the boxes.

2)Top of browser(assuming IE6)*Internet Options*Delete Files Including Offline Content*OK*OK*test.

Either way should work about the same.

Or ccleaner registry cleaner, it's much stronger though.

Oh, and I defrag everyday before I even start up the computer, including disk clean up.  :wink2: Plus restart the modem. It is just daily. And only take a couple of minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...