Damn Verizon !

stonex

:knuppel2::evil:

Week ago we had a huge thunderstorm in our area. Since then my Fios 5/2 internet connection speed has been roughly 400kbit/sec when using wireless connection. When directly connected to router the speed is roughly 1Mbit/sec. There is nothing wrong in upload direction only downloading is sticky.

I have discussed with verizon technical support almost 3 HOURS in phone. Today, finally cable guy came and verify the connection and he told my wife that there is nothing wrong and he left ! I think he just opened web browser and noticed that connection works and then he left...

Please help me people! what can I do? I dont want to call them anymore because it takes several hours again! I have also email threat ongoing with them and they are just sending me links one by one to their web site. Now they sent link to "optimize your fios speed".... still ALMOST 400kbit/sec....

Wellcome new fiber technology! If they are not able to fix my speed within this week I will be Time Warner customer... :tickedoff:

Router is Actiontec M1424WR. Guess how many times within those 3 hours and two separate calls they asked me to run virus scan and verify that I dont have any huge background processes eating mcu time? I`ve 3 PC`s, all are showing me the same results, and of course I`m not doing speed test from all PCs at the same time...

they sent me just now new e-mail  :cry::

Thank you for submitting your help request to Verizon.

Please visit Verizon Help & Support or Call techincal support at 1888 553 1555 for additional assistance with your problem.

some statistic..... UPLOAD:

Your connection is: 1681 Kbps or 1.7 Mbps

You uploaded at: 205 kB/s

You are running: 29 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 5 second(s)

Test Time:: 2006/11/13 - 9:15pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 106.26 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 14.579 seconds to complete

DOWNLOAD:

Your connection is: 182 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps

You downloaded at: 22 kB/s

You are running: 3 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 46.55 second(s)

Test Time:: 2006/11/13 - 9:17pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 2.92 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

This was tested from a 386 kB file and took 17.343 seconds to complete

Welcome to the forum  :wave:  :welcome:

Those are sick speeds. They look like satelite speeds backwards. [D/L is U/L]

When is a tech suppoed to come out??

That really sounds like a bad install. or water in one of the main connection boxes, from the storm water. You might also check with the neighbors and see if they are having similar problems.  :wink2:

• 2 months later...

One problem with fiber optics -- it's really flimsy.

Most likely, a new run of fiber optics are needed from the poll to your home. It's expensive, so don't expect VZ to be offering it up anytime soon.

The reality is, as long as you have "a" connection, versus a "slow" connection, the priority is lowered... as your frustration is raised.

Good luck with Verizon's brand new, fantasic, Fios.