Free antivirus for Vista 64 bit

Buntz

Running Vista RC 1 beta 64 bit . Looking for a free  64 bit antivirus to work with it . Already try Avast, my  time ran out and I did not like it that much[lower my download speed]. Is there any other free antivirus software I can try?  I am not going to buy a antivirus  program  for a beta program that is going to run out in a month or 2.

it's not that huge of a kill on download speed, 10-12 %.. if you've got a fast connection it's no biggie.. you can register AVAST home and get a key for free that expires in a year (then you can re-register again for free)

Avast is a very nice suite. just pop it off when you're doing a download test here...

Guest kamil234

Not to worry, according to Microsoft, Vista is so secure you WONT need an antivirus program  :grin::uglystupid2:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/7541;_ylt=AtGJNsrPnZoWGJnXG3MZigEsLpA5

but than again, this opinion was recalled...

"Ever since Microsoft Vista chief Jim Allchin talked about his son not using anti-virus in a recent teleconference with journalists, the world has been abuzz with claims Vista won