Router Problem (WRT54G v5)

adiace

Hey guys, for the past few days strange things have been happening with my router and its affecting my connectivity quite often.

A few times an hour the router will "restart" itself, I'm saying this because the orange light thats on turns off and the little green power light flickers until it starts back up again. This is really annoying because I lose my connection for about a minute, and I have no idea on what could possibly be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Router: WRT54G v5

Hey guys, for the past few days strange things have been happening with my router and its affecting my connectivity quite often.

A few times an hour the router will "restart" itself, I'm saying this because the orange light thats on turns off and the little green power light flickers until it starts back up again. This is really annoying because I lose my connection for about a minute, and I have no idea on what could possibly be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Router: WRT54G v5

I had this EXACT same problem with the EXACT same router when I had it set up for wireless use on my laptop. I never got it fixed and replaced it. Good luck. Have you tried updating the firmware? Oops, just noticed you already did.  :cry:

Linksys has achnologed the problem on the v5 routers.

Thank you for contacting Linksys Technical Support.

Based on the fact that you have presented, you are experiencing a problem with the Linksys router wherein the Internet connection is intermittent. This may be caused by the firmware not loading correctly. You may still try reloading the firmware of the router. Make sure that you perform a hard reset on the router after the firmware flash. To reset, hold the reset button down for 10 seconds. This will erase all the settings so it needs to be reconfigured afterwards.

I would try to flash the router after power cycling it, holding the reset button for 10 seconds, and then, from an ethernet computer, upgrade the firmware to the router.  If that doesnt work there is always the posibility of returning it to Linksys or flashing it with a third party firmware to see if that improves the situtation.