Problem With Internet

Doomsday

I don't know what the hell is going on. My Cable Modem activity light is solid, not blinking just solid,

Even when the computers are off in the house, the light will still stay solid.

I've checked my router/cable modem setup pages and nothing seems to be wrong{also reset both of them}The router is a DI-524 not using the wireless portion of it and the cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB4200

I've checked the Active Ports program i have and nothing out of the orindary. I've checked for viruses/trojans and worms, nothing.

I also used a program called I-Speeder{came with my MSI Delta2 LSR mobo} called I-Speeder..........there is no traffic but yet the light is on solid.

Anyone else have idea's on what the hell is going on?

It was never like that before. This is pretty bad{Suppose to be 3.5 download/384 upload} The upload is good,but the download sucks.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1716 Kbps about 1.7 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Download Speed is:: 209 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/11/20 - 9:50pm

Bottom Line:: 30X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.9 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 7.14 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 39.93 % of your hosts average (ptd.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-GUPISHQ4X

User Agent:: Opera/9.02 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) [!]

Your connection is: 360 Kbps or 0.4 Mbps

You uploaded at: 44 kB/s

You are running: 6 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 23.27 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:Doomsday CompID:64597839851

Test Time:: 2006/11/20 - 9:52pm

Test Browser and OS info: Opera/9.02 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

Test ID: FUIM253NH (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Looks Great : 1.98 % faster than the average for host (ptd.net)

This was tested from a 579 kB file and took 13.172 seconds to complete

Not yet. They are the last resort, i still have some more things to try out:

TraceRoute

XP TCP/IP Repair

Sounds like a program is running and using your internet. Have you tried booting in safe mode with networking and see if that helps. If it does something is booting that is using your connection.

I don't know what the hell is going on. My Cable Modem activity light is solid, not blinking just solid,

Even when the computers are off in the house, the light will still stay solid.

I've checked my router/cable modem setup pages and nothing seems to be wrong{also reset both of them}The router is a DI-524 not using the wireless portion of it and the cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB4200

I've checked the Active Ports program i have and nothing out of the orindary. I've checked for viruses/trojans and worms, nothing.

I also used a program called I-Speeder{came with my MSI Delta2 LSR mobo} called I-Speeder..........there is no traffic but yet the light is on solid.

Anyone else have idea's on what the hell is going on?

Heh, from my very bad experience... When my link status light has gone solid it means I forgot to pay my bill!! :P    :haha:

Short story.

I had a tenant who wanted her furnace relit. I thought nothing of it. Sent my furnace man over to see on a very cold day. He calls me from his cell phone to report she was missing a gas meter.  :lol: :lol: Duh, she had not paid the gas bill and they had pulled it that day.

Now I know this has nothing to do with this directly, but I thought it might be humorous and lighten the mood a bit. 

:twisted:

Short story.

I had a tenant who wanted her furnace relit. I thought nothing of it. Sent my furnace man over to see on a very cold day. He calls me from his cell phone to report she was missing a gas meter.  :lol: :lol: Duh, she had not paid the gas bill and they had pulled it that day.

Now I know this has nothing to do with this directly, but I thought it might be humorous and lighten the mood a bit. 

:twisted:

Haha, I almost feel sorry for the old woman.  :haha: