for all you computer people out there

Guest kamil234

Guest kamil234

ok, so im getting either a 8800gtx or thr ati r600 once it comes out (going to see which one is better)

so, we know the gtx needs 2 connectors..to power it up

so i found this power supply today on new egg and i was wondering if it'll work cause im not really good with this stuff

anyone care to answer my question?

Here's the power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159062

click on specifications tab to see al the connectors

Guest kamil234

or can someone suggest me a good cheap power supply that will power up my computer with the 8800gtx?

try to keep the cost as low as possible  :undecided:

sry 4 double post, couldnt edit for some reason?

Guest kamil234

meh, i'll just go to compusa tommorow since its black friday and pick out a PSU from there, hopefully they'll have some good deals, im tight on budget since the damn card is gonna cost me about $600!

Just look at the spec. for the 8800GTX ,it say it need a power supply of 450 watt mimimum . You are running it kind of close with that power supply[ 500 watt],I would go with a 550 to 600 watt power supply. If you run more then 1 harddrives or are going to run a second card I would go with a  even higher watt power supply. I read somewhere that those card like a lot of power.  I would not go cheap on a power supply  with a 600.00 dollar card,I would wait and save up some more money and buy a good power supply.

Guest kamil234

yeah, thats what everyones telling me, im just lookin for a deal since i dont need a power supply til i get the card. so if i dont get one tommorow ill get one after chrismas or whatever other occasion there will be..

If you are going to be hooking up a decent graphic card that costs $$ then I would spends the money on a nice power supply.. There is no point in spending money on nice hardware if you are going to give it crappy power..

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370798

that will do the trick.