Need Help increasing my speeds ..

Dragonbreak

Dragonbreak who do you use for your Anti-virus and antispyware and such. Hope not Norton or McAffee.

Also have you checked to see what is running in the background while you are on?  Click keyboard keys Ctrl-Alt+Delete to see what might be running. Also you might turn off most things. All I have running upon startup is AVG Free AV &Anti-spy, and Windows Defender. Everything else is upon demand. Only when I want it. And it will start up faster when rebooting.  :wink2:

Not time for ISP just yet Sparticus013.  :wink2:

Also are you using a router, if so by pass it directly to the modem. This will tell you if you actually have a bad router.   :grin2:

Have you restarted your modem lately? Pull the cable from you modem and touch the end with your finger tip for at least 10 seconds, and plug it back in.

Have your ran your scans in safemode?

I use System Mechanic 6 Pro. It has a built in firewall-(Kapersky), defrag, registry fixer, and all that crap! It's really good!

I also use Spy S&D, Ad-Ware Pro, O&O Defrag, CCleaner.

I use to use all of the above but System Mechanic Pro and I used Sygate and NOD32 but I had trojans and keyloggers and crap ..I also sometimes used Tune Up Utilties.

The only programs that I have running is Opera and Word.

I'll give that modem thing a try and I have not scanned in safe mode ..

When I first arrived I did not know Diddly. Now I help out lots of folks myself. Of course a lot of it is just pointing folks in the right direction with links. But it helps. And I actually enjoy it. Now I know Diddly's middle name.  :wink2:

I also enjoy the interaction with folks from all over the world. That is neat for me.  :grin2: Couldn't do that a few years ago.

When I first arrived I did not know Diddly. Now I help out lots of folks myself. Of course a lot of it is just pointing folks in the right direction with links. But it helps. And I actually enjoy it. Now I know Diddly's middle name.  :wink2:

I also enjoy the interaction with folks from all over the world. That is neat for me.  :grin2: Couldn't do that a few years ago.

Were you using the dial up?  :coffee:

Dragonbreak who do you use for your Anti-virus and antispyware and such. Hope not Norton or McAffee

Hey whats wrong the McAfee virus? I am currently using version 11.1 on my laptop.....get the same speed test results as my desktop using AVG ? The McAfee came with my laptop....cant claim this version has any slowdowns for me anyway.

What ever works for you fikester is great.  :grin2: Probably something I heard on here. ( I know, you can not believe all the hype all the time). Maybe it is just me. But I do know Norton bites, and fails. Norton trashed one and almost 2 comps for me. Luckily I switched before it got the second one. Never again.  :mad2:

Now I remember, the only problems I have had with McAffee was having Norton and McAffee installed at the same time.  :nono: And the fact it is not free. (I like free )

I guess that is about it for me.  :grin2: