Ultimate testmy.net xmas presents - top10

just-

Ok, briefly... Born in NYC, parents divorced. Mother took me back to Brum (where she and her family are from), went to school/college there. Joined US Army at High Wycombe, came back and served 2 years at Fort Lewis, WA then 2 years in Germany. Met my Wife in Heidelberg (she was over from US visiting relatives). After leaving Army, came back to live with Wife.

Now I don't have to appear on " This is your Life" with Eamonn Andrews!  :wink:

So, 120 Miles North, where are you from??

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, briefly... Born in NYC, parents divorced. Mother took me back to Brum (where she and her family are from), went to school/college there. Joined US Army at High Wycombe, came back and served 2 years at Fort Lewis, WA then 2 years in Germany. Met my Wife in Heidelberg (she was over from US visiting relatives). After leaving Army, came back to live with Wife.

Now I don't have to appear on " This is your Life" with Eamonn Andrews!  :wink:

So, 120 Miles North, where are you from??

lol, thanks  for that , as a typical Brit I like to get the inside story , Well common, nothing much hapens in the UK , apart from gossip  :lol:

Born , '

... now after much wandering, living in Hampton Hill , ......... BTW he died a few years back , but the show goes on,

Hampton Hill ! I used to hang out in Richmond sometimes, down by the river. There used to be a good club there called "Hooray Henry's" (at least I think that's what it was. The memory goes when you get over 40!). An Aunt of mine lives in Twickenham, which is close. I also lived for a while around the corner from Russell Square tube station, and my regular hangout was "The Friend".

Shame to hear Eamonn passed away. But my favorite was Norman Wisdom. I visited Jersey once when I was young. All I remember were lots of Cows. :-P

I still have craving's for PG Tips, Marmite, Baked Beans on Toast and a real English Breakfast.  :2funny:

Cheers Mate.

okay it has became quite a big thread now and i dont know if i will be able to pick up the best top 10

does any one want to try and make a list of their top 10

from the things that have been posted here

I'd wait a week, their might be some better replies. This is way early yet. I don't stop shopping til X-mas eve. (actually that is when I start). The time prior I am wondering where to get the money.  :lost:

I know, christmas savings account. (so who all really has one, or uses it correctly?)  :rolleyes:

okay it has became quite a big thread now and i dont know if i will be able to pick up the best top 10

does any one want to try and make a list of their top 10

from the things that have been posted here

Hi Guys,  I have sent the list on to Santa c/o The North Pole , I just got a email back, Santa has been reading the TMN topic " lets keep it clean " and  if we keep up the good work and are ever so good , we may all get a suprize on the 25th,  :o:roll:... :evil6:

xplode 1000 watt amp

spend xmas with someone i love

testmy transportation bus!

1967 Shelby GT 500

Oh the wife will take a Prowler  :shock::police:?

8800gtx or r600 and a PSU

dewalt 24v reciprocating saw, and drill

a new socket 939 CPU..

beeswax and wicks to make candles with

Canon ZR500

More time with my daughters.

flying boat? Thats what I want!

5 finger discount is great. ???? :shock:

'09 Camaro

a rolls royce or an aston  martin!  :lol:

waterRTBH  with 1" of ribbon wherever I wish to put it,  :oops::thumbsup:

new Plasma TV:

outdoor tv

PG Tips, Marmite, Baked Beans on Toast and a real English Breakfast.  :thumbsup:

PS3 for my kids,

P.S. Santa would like one of those  pink soft fluffy things , we are always going on about  :smitten:

Well that is excellent news Roco. Thanks for hooking us up there.  :icon_santa: You are a true member helper here.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks I do my best  :evil6:

BTW the delivery is to my UK address , just to make it easier on the old boy  :icon_santa: , so you may have to collect them , just take your time collecting

waterRTBH  with 1" of ribbon wherever I wish to put it,    :evil6:

The Christmas Angel

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip ... but there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mother was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where.

More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had

hidden the liquor and there was nothing to drink.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffee pot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made from.

Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cursed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

All radiant and smiling; the angel said, very cheerfully,

"Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

The Christmas Angel

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip ... but there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mother was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where.

More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had

hidden the liquor and there was nothing to drink.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffee pot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made from.

Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cursed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

All radiant and smiling; the angel said, very cheerfully,

"Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Roco, thats great I'm still LMFAO. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Thanks ,  :evil6:,

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me,

and we  could all do with a little calm.  By following the simple advice 

I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace.

The article read:  "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish  off all the things you have started".  

So I looked round the house to see all the things  I had started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning,

I finished off a bottle of red wine, a bottle of white wine, the Baileys,

three Bacardi Breezers, the Jack Daniels, the Prozac, some Valium,

some  cheesecake and a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how bloody good I feel.  :lol:

Regards

Roco   UK