Let's clean up our message boards

FallowEarth

Hey all,

I realize that we have seen a lot of changes here at TMN.  But one thing we should not do is let it go.  Let's keep things clean here, so that we are not detracting from the appeal of this site to potential members. 

Below is attached a picture.  The 3 topics show titles which are not totally appropriate.  I'm referring to "Ass" "Pissed" and "LMFAO".  Although we usually let swearing slide in the forum, it is not necessary to broadcast in the topic titles.  We are, first and foremost, a technical help forum.  Let's bring that back.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I realize that we have seen a lot of changes here at TMN.  But one thing we should not do is let it go.  Let's keep things clean here, so that we are not detracting from the appeal of this site to potential members. 

Below is attached a picture.  The 3 topics show titles which are not totally appropriate.  I'm referring to "Ass" "Pissed" and "LMFAO".  Although we usually let swearing slide in the forum, it is not necessary to broadcast in the topic titles.  We are, first and foremost, a technical help forum.  Let's bring that back.

I agree, and I'm guilty of it as well - every topic goes to google, we don't have to have that kind of reputation.

I promise to exercise more restraint :)

I agree, and I'm guilty of it as well - every topic goes to google, we don't have to have that kind of reputation.

I promise to exercise more restraint :)

IMHO we have of topic,  we have tech stuff, do people google LMFAO and get TMN ?, so whats the reasoning  behind this thinking , OK keep it clean , that I fully agree with that , good natured banter off topic is the heart of TMN,  IMHO  , there are as you know many Tech forums out  on the Internet ,if you cant take the off topic , it ain't compulsory reading BTW

but TMN is unique in it's friendly formula , Imho

IMHO we have of topic,  we have tech stuff, do people google LMFAO and get TMN ?, so whats the reasoning  behind this thinking , OK keep it clean , that I fully agree with that , good natured banter off topic is the heart of TMN,  IMHO  , there are as you know many Tech forums out  on the Internet ,if you cant take the off topic , it ain't compulsory reading BTW

but TMN is unique in it's friendly formula , Imho

I agree, i mean i guess in some sort of way LMFAO isnt appropriate for a post title, but i think pissed or ass is worse. Ill do my best to remember to keep clean titles from now on i guess, but as i said i dont think words like rofl lmfao or something are inappropriate for post titles.

I agree, i mean i guess in some sort of way LMFAO isnt appropriate for a post title, but i think pissed or ass is worse. Ill do my best to remember to keep clean titles from now on i guess, but as i said i dont think words like rofl lmfao or something are inappropriate for post titles.

I think that if someone wishes to express them selves lightly INSIDE the thread thats fine. I don't think that the titles should include Piss, or ass. :smile2:

sound logic from both members , OK TMN is maybe in the dolldrums at the moment ,

yes there have been changes, most tech problems have now been sorted I guess for

m/s problems with Xp they have just about been solved  :lol: well as best as they can be,

I think a lot of members bypass  the Help topic, I do , not being that Tech minded,

so maybe you guys with the knowledge  should pay more attention there ,(please )

well it saves me from being a Pratt there  :roll:

personally I think we should thank not only Ca3le for putting up with us , but also Mr. Gates for his up and coming Vista  :lol: I am sure it will keep the Tech mined members busy for A few years  :evil6:

and if Water /Tdawnaz stops teasing us guys , that will be the death toll of TMN , IMHO

sound logic from both members , OK TMN is maybe in the dolldrums at the moment ,

yes there have been changes, most tech problems have now been sorted I guess for

m/s problems with Xp they have just about been solved  :lol: well as best as they can be,

I think a lot of members bypass  the Help topic, I do , not being that Tech minded,

so maybe you guys with the knowledge  should pay more attention there ,(please )

well it saves me from being a Pratt there  :roll:

personally I think we should thank not only Ca3le for putting up with us , but also Mr. Gates for his up and coming Vista  :lol: I am sure it will keep the Tech mined members busy for A few years  :evil6:

and if Water /Tdawnaz stops teasing us guys , that will be the death toll of TMN , IMHO

WHAT DOES IMHO MEAN?!?!!?

So my silly turn. What does LMFAO mean. There should be a terminology dictionary in here under the guides section.  :twisted:

Maybe another good start would be to start "Speaking English"! I feel so dumb asking all the time what something means.  :uglystupid2:

I guess the worst part is I don't even understand the first post to even agree or disagree.  :shock:

So my silly turn. What does LMFAO mean. There should be a terminology dictionary in here under the guides section.  :twisted:

Maybe another good start would be to start "Speaking English"! I feel so dumb asking all the time what something means.  :uglystupid2:

I guess the worst part is I don't even understand the first post to even agree or disagree.  :shock:

LMAO "start speaking English " PMP

whose English, the Queens or Simpson's ,

Just a short hop across the pond and they gone dun muurder it , :lol:

Tommie don't worry about the first post , I allways start from post 5 , just after the Humor    Humour merchants have dived in , by then it has no resemblance to the first post anyway  :evil6:

LMAO "start speaking English " PMP

whose English, the Queens or Simpson's ,

Just a short hop across the pond and they gone dun muurder it , :lol:

Tommie don't worry about the first post , I allways start from post 5 , just after the Humor    Humour merchants have dived in , by then it has no resemblance to the first post anyway  :evil6:

That is totally true.  :haha: My mistake for trying to get in on the ground floor of a conversation.  :uglystupid2: I will never let that happen again. (yeah right)  :2funny:

That is totally true.  :haha: My mistake for trying to get in on the ground floor of a conversation.  :uglystupid2: I will never let that happen again. (yeah right)  :2funny:

:2funny: I bet it does , no prob to me though  :evil6:

Seriously,  I just re-read Fallow Earths post #1 , I think we should all take note

of it , lets keep the titles clean , they are the our face to the outside world ,

for us members it may seem to be one big happy club, unfortunately to a prospective new member it can seem  intimidating , like your first day at the BIG school   :shock:

can we, or do we have FAQ page for new members ? maybe with a link to a moderator ,

and for new and existing female members a little more respect maybe ,

just my thoughts on this ,

Seriously,  I just re-read Fallow Earths post #1 , I think we should all take note

of it , lets keep the titles clean , they are the our face to the outside world ,

for us members it may seem to be one big happy club, unfortunately to a prospective new member it can seem  intimidating , like your first day at the BIG school  :shock:

can we, or do we have FAQ page for new members ? maybe with a link to a moderator ,

I agree, all you really have to do is say "Laughing my butt off." I would truly understand that.  :grin2:

And ticked off is a very good word.  :wink2:

for us members it may seem to be one big happy club, unfortunately to a prospective new member it can seem  intimidating , like your first day at the BIG school   :shock:

Way to sum it up Roco! I agree 110 %!