Killer Chrome in a Can

dlewis23

That was the reason for the DeLorean. Have you ever sanded down to 2000 grit on stainless till it shines like chrome?? It will give you a mirror finish just like chrome. I have done tool boxes like that. It is pretty neat.

The only cost besides the sander is the sandpaper and elbow grease. It looks as good as the paint chrome. And won't scratch off.  :wink2:

A palm sander is a good friend for this job.  :smitten:

That was the reason for the DeLorean. Have you ever sanded down to 2000 grit on stainless till it shines like chrome?? It will give you a mirror finish just like chrome. I have done tool boxes like that. It is pretty neat.

The only cost besides the sander is the sandpaper and elbow grease. It looks as good as the paint chrome. And won't scratch off.  :wink2:

A palm sander is a good friend for this job.  :smitten:

lol unless you have bad arthritis in your main arm like I do...tonight when I get home from work I'll post a picture of my last couple of car wrecks...they both screwed me up  :uglystupid2:

That was the reason for the DeLorean.

There's a guy a few miles from here who has like 10+ DeLoreans...He keeps them outside uncovered(most of them) in a fenced in area, and they look the same as they did 20 years ago..I keep saying I want to see how much he would sell one for..  :haha:

I have carpel tunnel in both hands. From being a roofer. So was there a hurry? Do a little each day.  :wink2:

Good point...as for the roofing thing only done that for a summer in Michigan..after that...no more lol that about killed me because I've got more of an Irish complexion so I burn easy  :grin2:

Good point...as for the roofing thing only done that for a summer in Michigan..after that...no more lol that about killed me because I've got more of an Irish complexion so I burn easy  :grin2:

:haha: Thats funny, I did a lot of rooftop HVAC work, and used to run into a good amount of roofers...When you said that, I tried to think of 1 Irish roofer I ran into...And I can't  :grin:

I was always the one who could fall asleep in the sun with no sunblock for 6 hours, and wake up with a tan  :haha: ...

:haha: Thats funny, I did a lot of rooftop HVAC work, and used to run into a good amount of roofers...When you said that, I tried to think of 1 Irish roofer I ran into...And I can't  :grin:

I was always the one who could fall asleep in the sun with no sunblock for 6 hours, and wake up with a tan  :haha: ...

:haha: You suck!  Guess thats what ya get when you have an Irish heritage and lived in Northern Michigan forever  :-P

lol unless you have bad arthritis in your main arm like I do...tonight when I get home from work I'll post a picture of my last couple of car wrecks...they both screwed me up  :uglystupid2:

i had a bad one but i have to find the pictures cause i have no idea if i even have them.  well my accident was on the highway going about 80 MPH coming home from a friends house when all of a sudden a car smashed into the front end of my car and it was fishtailing so bad that it just went straight into the concrete wall and flipped 6 times hit 2 other cars and then hit the metal guardrail when it finally stopped.  i had no seatbelt on and just jumped right out of the car wondering WTF just happened (shock) even though i knew what happened and where i was. 

the good thing is i only got a little scratch on my hand and the airbag almost knocked me out but saved my life so i couldnt be happier. :grin2:

i had a bad one but i have to find the pictures cause i have no idea if i even have them.  well my accident was on the highway going about 80 MPH coming home from a friends house when all of a sudden a car smashed into the front end of my car and it was fishtailing so bad that it just went straight into the concrete wall and flipped 6 times hit 2 other cars and then hit the metal guardrail when it finally stopped.  i had no seatbelt on and just jumped right out of the car wondering WTF just happened (shock) even though i knew what happened and where i was. 

the good thing is i only got a little scratch on my hand and the airbag almost knocked me out but saved my life so i couldnt be happier. :grin2:

I was travelling down a back road and fell asleep (dumbass here  :haha:) and veered off the road after driving about 4 miles while asleep..not sure how that happened..and swiped and bounced off between 6 and 10 trees, hit a concrete culvert (storm drain under the road) and flipped the car head over heels twice in mid air before landing on the roof and sliding about 8 feet.  The car was still idling when I was upside down and the radio was still playing.

The downside to that was my seatbelt came undone after about the 2nd tree so I got thrown around in that car like a ragdoll..my arm ended up going through the steering wheel and wrenched completely backwards and I *might* have had yet ANOTHER concussion out of the deal  :haha:.  I'll post some pics for it, I have one saved on my computer at home, but I'm still at work :(

:haha: You suck!  Guess thats what ya get when you have an Irish heritage and lived in Northern Michigan forever  :-P

Actually I am Irish decent from my fathers side. My greatgrandfather to be exact. I roofed for 14 years non stop. It is the "Northern Michigan forever" part that is getting to you.  :evil6: Get out more.  :icon_pale:

I also lived in PA for a while so I kinow how northerners stay inside a lot. Girls are always so lily white up there. I burn the first couple of times a year, but after that it is OK.

My stories are like blunted's, I walked away from most of them. Except the one when I was 9, I actually got hit by a car while I was walking. I supposedly flew 27' distance in the air before landing again. Barely lived. Only a scar on my stomach the length of my shoe.  :smile2:

Actually I am Irish decent from my fathers side. My greatgrandfather to be exact. I roofed for 14 years non stop. It is the "Northern Michigan forever" part that is getting to you.  :evil6: Get out more.  :icon_pale:

I also lived in PA for a while so I kinow how northerners stay inside a lot. Girls are always so lily white up there. I burn the first couple of times a year, but after that it is OK.

My stories are like blunted's, I walked away from most of them. Except the one when I was 9, I actually got hit by a car while I was walking. I supposedly flew 27' distance in the air before landing again. Barely lived. Only a scar on my stomach the length of my shoe.  :smile2:

I've been hit by a car once. Only broke my foot though.