help with muh speed please

FewlsFirst

Tommie, Sparticus and all the helpful people in the several 'haunts' that I've lurked in for many years...I want you to know I owe big-time for the many helpful answers (even though to others). As they say:"A word to the wise is sufficient" but I've found there's so many different platforms and set-ups that it truly is a detective job to be 'an overnight success'. Like years of: "Hmmm..." Just in case some advice may one day apply. Thanks to you all!!! (now I feel like Dorothy on her returnn to Kansas)

:smitten:'mo

:cool:

Tommie, Sparticus and all the helpful people in the several 'haunts' that I've lurked in for many years...I want you to know I owe big-time for the many helpful answers (even though to others). As they say:"A word to the wise is sufficient" but I've found there's so many different platforms and set-ups that it truly is a detective job to be 'an overnight success'. Like years of: "Hmmm..." Just in case some advice may one day apply. Thanks to you all!!! (now I feel like Dorothy on her returnn to Kansas)

:smitten:'mo

:cool:

:grin2:

We are more than glad to help! Don't go running off now, we enjoy the company! :lol:

Thank you Tommie & Sparticus et al :smiley6600:

http://

I'm overdue for some *real* problems which have yet to surface on my 7+ year old computer. (knock plywood) I've beefed it up this way and that...and so far, luckier than average. I was a Camp Fire Girl *not* a Girl Scout, but for some things...I'm truly 'Always Prepared'. You know: spare, new hard-

drive handy etc.When those times come I'll be in here 'cryin' for sure.  :sad:

As Sparticus seems to have hinted at by asking re: 'Norton' my answer being "never". It occured to me tonight to run my 'regular' TMN download speed w/no F/W at all running. Eureka! 11.6Mbps down!!!!  :grin:

Gettin' there. Y'all will excuse me from the Christmas music tonight. Not sure what I'm up for. Today I moved my 'office' to the nearest cable hookup in my place..been putting that off too. So, if that solves the 'dis-connectivity' problems..(they're rife on the forums everywhere) and the ethernet adapter fixed the Cox speed issues. I should celebrate!! (maybe polish someone's bike...hahaha) [geek]...Best Christmas to all...See soon! 'mo'[ :smiley:

Well, thank you! Uh...me thinks the truck-style suits my personality best...has 'verve'. It'd be a great way to celebrate New Years...virtual BBQ-Truck entry into the big cook-off. You can maybe do that part and I'll make some of the 'sides'. Your choice, ribs, brisket..a few choice chickens..it's all good. :cool2: I make a mean cole slaw...and can do corn bread...mess o' greens if called for...not to mention pot o' pintos..done up proud. Ah...make myself hungry!  :undecided:

• 3 weeks later...