Cox rate plans, speeds and pricing

b5

Residential Value 256k up/256kdown  24.95 **  dynamic IP  bandwidth limitations

Residential Preferred 4Mb down/512k up 39.95 ** dynamic IP bandwidth limitations

Residential Premier 5Mb down 768k up 54.95 ** dynamic IP bandwidth limitations

** reflects price with Cox Standard Cable

Business Packages

384k down/128k up 34.95 to 49.95** static IP no bandwidth limits

768k down/256k up 59.95 to 99.95** static IP no bandwidth limits

1.5Mbps down/384k up 99.95 to 149.95** static IP no bandwidth limits

3.0Mbps down/512k up 129.95 to 199.99** static IP no bandwidth limits

4.0Mbps down/768k up 199.95 to 269.95** static IP no bandwidth limits

6.0Mbps down/1.0Mbps up 249.95 to 309.95** static IP no bandwidth limits

**rates vary due to contract terms

Home Office only at residential address

4.0Mbps down/512k up 69.95 static IP no bandwidth limits

5.0Mbps down/768k up 99.95 static IP no bandwidth limits

Residential accts are not allowed to run servers of any kind be it game, web, or FTP.

Business accts have the ability to run servers on them.

I have the 4mb/512k home office setup

I think Cox sucks!!! I have sbc yahoo dsl and I would take it anyday over cable!!!!!!! It is not as fast it's is 3mbs and 384 up but it is alot better because of all the features like free 2 gig email and the price 36.95 alot better than 50 for cox and like a 100mb email!!!! Also sbc have alot more good features like the browser and launch cast music player and more even thou I haven't used them in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Also sbc does not say that they have limitations they may but I have never got a complaint and I run alot of servers things like games and files etc!!!! Also there business price is the same as the home price or residental price they don't raise them for the same dam thing just because it is a bussiness thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put down your weed guy. :tard:  I didn't post this to bash any ISP's, I was simply listing what options cox had.  Some people can't get DSL and are stuck with cable.  These options aren't listed on their website and I was doing a favor by letting everyone know whats available.

true....same for me....mail storage doesnt matter.....i just need to get it, read it and delete it :) there are other ways of serving files, rather than e-mail heheheheheh - but u know...i pay 40 for my cox service too :) and i also get 4000/512 - well more than that when tweaked :) - so do i value cable more than dsl ? yes  :)

I cant believe their are still bandwith limitations around :(  Im on earthlink ,  have ran game servers, ftp servers, music streams, java chats, remote AIM chats ,etc. Iv had the comp on for 11 days straight with downloads and uploads going, about  600gigs down and 2 -> 300 up monthly..

Limitations are rediculous. If the isp cant keep the speeds due to their customers "using" the connection, then they need to drop the advertised speeds down so they can provide what they offer.

I cant believe their are still bandwith limitations around :(  Im on earthlink ,  have ran game servers, ftp servers, music streams, java chats, remote AIM chats ,etc. Iv had the comp on for 11 days straight with downloads and uploads going, about  600gigs down and 2 -> 300 up monthly..

Limitations are rediculous. If the isp cant keep the speeds due to their customers "using" the connection, then they need to drop the advertised speeds down so they can provide what they offer.

;) Abso  friggen lootly  A classic bait and switch that the government allows to happen. Providers brag or "sell" their  great system and then get pissed when we use it. IMO the only reason that they make it an issue is that if they have to install new facilities because of usage then their bonus ain't so fat....... So what give us what you sold us  and allow ppl to determine how much they need......Years ago before they got started they threw around B.S. to the government about the unlimited ability of the information superhighway.....L0L.... lies from a bunch of suits that are nothing more than scum sucking bottom feeding, leeches, that want to whine now.... Idiots .. :angry3:

8) Microwave

I also have the 4000/512 package from Cox and I haven't had any problems at all with them and would refer them anyday over anybody.. Everybody has good and bad to say about every ISP no matter what. It all reflects on the experience that you've had with them. Although to me Cable is the only way to go.  I too can care less about the e-mail storage  cause after I read it , it's deleted anyway.  I tend to download more and as long as my dl is good then that's all I care. ' COX RULEZ '    :D :D

The Reason why someone would defend DSL is because they can't get COX. It's kinda the guy that defends why he owns a minivan versus a MAN's car. So next time consider the DSL the "minivan" and consider COX HSI 5mb the Man's Car. :lol: :lol:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5745 Kbps about 5.7 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 701 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Fri Jan 28 19:29:58 MST 2005

Bottom Line:: 103X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.46 sec

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-MO8UWNTBL

Right now I'm rolling in a Big Pimpin' Escalade with 22".....COX  :haha: :haha:

Connection is:: 5756 Kbps about 5.8 Mbps (tested with 5983 KB)

Download Speed is:: 703 KB/s

Test Time:: Fri Jan 28 15:17:23 MST 2005

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-045BDKGCO

Yup :D

The Reason why someone would defend DSL is because they can't get COX. It's kinda the guy that defends why he owns a minivan versus a MAN's car. So next time consider the DSL the "minivan" and consider COX HSI 5mb the Man's Car. :lol: :lol:

Connection is:: 5745 Kbps about 5.7 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 701 KB/s

Test Time:: Fri Jan 28 19:29:58 MST 2005

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-MO8UWNTBL

Right now I'm rolling in a Big Pimpin' Escalade with 22".....COX

Well anyway I agree about the speeds they are nice!!! But I get so many cool things with my dsl like 750mbs briefcase or  online storage free premium or no ads launch cast radio and I get a really nice home page with everything in the world I could want on it!!! Plus it is so much cheaper!!! And the features of sbc dsl are so many compared to cable!!!

• 1 month later...

lol.....man Cable kicks ass, lovin these speeds, makes it a little eaiser to game since I got a shitty graphics card, alot less lag for me than DSL....

CS DSL Ping: 120-5000

CS Cable Ping: 81-1600

Connection is:: 5354 Kbps about 5.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 654 KB/s

Test Time:: Sun Mar 6 14:52:53 PST 2005

Bottom Line:: 96X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.57 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 71.82 % faster than the average for host (Cox.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-K78VWZ0J6