Help stop global warming

Blunted 2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any movie could happen. They are supposed to be realistic.  :grin2:

Just a generalization. Probably something like what is the world like after we destroy it, based on something. No?

Sort of kinda.  :lol:

If you don't wanna go rent it download it somewhere.... I mean not a torrent of course.

Imo, the movie isn't bad, althought I doubt that such a brutal change (sorry tommy, i'l try not to put too many spoilers in) would happen. I'm no more a meteorologist than I am an astrophysicist, but it seems quite radical. On the other side, when you think of it, a hurricane starts by being just a little mass of air that's just a few degrees different from the air around it. And all these small circumstances end up making up, well, Katrina. So anyways, tommie, your not on the track, but do rent the movie, if not for the story, for the special effects, which are quite cool.

Imo, the movie isn't bad, althought I doubt that such a brutal change (sorry tommy, i'l try not to put too many spoilers in) would happen. I'm no more a meteorologist than I am an astrophysicist, but it seems quite radical. On the other side, when you think of it, a hurricane starts by being just a little mass of air that's just a few degrees different from the air around it. And all these small circumstances end up making up, well, Katrina. So anyways, tommie, your not on the track, but do rent the movie, if not for the story, for the special effects, which are quite cool.

Yes, I don't think something that drastic could happen. But, still a good movie.  :grin2:

wow i am so digging this conversation/debate...clean...informative...intelligent...

OMG!!!...tommie...rent the movie...i've seen it three times and it nips at my heals every time...really good...and possible...and the special effects are awesome...except the wolves part...that was stupid (just teasing ya)...and has u on the edge of ur seat from the beginning of the move...don't read about it...don't read the cover just watch it...

wow i am so digging this conversation/debate...clean...informative...intelligent...

OMG!!!...tommie...rent the movie...i've seen it three times and it nips at my heals every time...really good...and possible...and the special effects are awesome...and has u on the edge of ur seat from the beginning of the move...don't read about it...don't read the cover just watch it...

knows the deal  :angel:

well, yes, but there's no money gain involved here, mainly money loss. There are no companies saying: buy or product, it saves the environment! So it is indeed quite satisfying to say that every problem is created by the media to make us buy, and I would agree with you on a different topic, but this time, there is no money to make on it. Although the predictions might be wrong, there isn't any money to make on that.

Just to make things clear, I'm not an astrophysicist, I don't know everything about the subject. What I know is that an ice age is a natural cycle for the earth, a cycle that happens even without human activity. What we are doing right now is accelerating the cycle. I can't tell you when the next ice age will come, probably not in our lifetime or our children's, but when it comes, if there's a human being left on this earth, he will wish he could find a patch of grass somewhere under that half mile of ice.

As for life within the universe, I wouldn't call myself closed minded (but who would call oneself close minded?) Its not that I do not want other lifeforms to exist, its just that I wouldn't count on it. I find it foolish to base the survival plan of our specie, if such a plan exists, on the assumption that "there's gotta be someone else". I guess its a problem similar to the one of the existence of God. There seems to be no way to irrefutably know if God exists, so from an agnostic point of view, I say: "Ok, well, I don't know if He exists, but I won't jump off a bridge to check if he saves me." I just realize now that this example may irritate some people, and for that I am sorry. So if you firmly believe within your heart that there are living species on other planets that will save us from our own destruction, you have faith, and no argument that I might say can deter faith. Even if I were to produce irrefutable proof that there are no other life forms than those on this planet, thought I doubt that such a proof would exist even if my premise were true, someone with faith would not understand me. Thus I think that us arguing is pointless, for we stand in different truth referentials.

Okay, I might have gone a bit over my head here, please do not reply by burning down my house, but by constructive arguing if you think that such is possible.

Ok , for the sake of argument, I think you need to brush-up on modern day politics. At your own digression, investigate what a lobbyist does and what part they play in your life as a citizen.

As far as the God thing , I'm sorry you have no faith.To sum up The Cristian faith believes God created man in his own image.Correct? Ok, You sound like you believe in darwinism . Fine , but theres one question as a scientist , you must ask yourself , The universe was at one point a beginning, do you think it's possible this all fits together somehow , say "in his own image " as before millions of years of evolution?What were your ancestors?Where did life begin?

Any how way off base? not really because I move back to the point of someone stating we will have to go through some bad weather .Is that global warming?(please don't bring up the latest bad storm and use it as propaganda for your point). As there have been many bad storms on this planet , how do you think the planet cools itself from the suns radiation getting trapped in the atmosphere(that you need to survive).By way of evaporation, and precipitation.

Which would be on the vicinity of evolution, or is it politics?And for what reason would there be to advocate this.If not for power?

I Think Its Way To Late For Us

Oh No We are all Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless we find a way to put in all the tress back in the rain forest

or find a way to alter tress dnas so hey can regenerate faster

we are all doomed

look at my signiture you'll understand y