AVG virus protection problem

leoinnj

A friend was trying to upgrade the AVG free version, (he is on dial up), he wasn't sure about what he was doing. He managed to enroll with the paid edition ($40.00).

AVG got their money from his credit card. He can live with this (for two years), however he still has the old free version on his PC.

I tried to contact AVG to help him straighten out this problem, but I can't seem to find a way to contact AVG. Does anyone have an 800 number, or an e-mail address that I can use to contact AVG? I have been all over their website and have found no contact info.

Is there any way that I can download the new paid version on my PC (I have cable) and

transfer it to his PC via usb flash drive?

A friend was trying to upgrade the AVG free version, (he is on dial up), he wasn't sure about what he was doing. He managed to enroll with the paid edition ($40.00).

AVG got their money from his credit card. He can live with this (for two years), however he still has the old free version on his PC.

I tried to contact AVG to help him straighten out this problem, but I can't seem to find a way to contact AVG. Does anyone have an 800 number, or an e-mail address that I can use to contact AVG? I have been all over their website and have found no contact info.

Is there any way that I can download the new paid version on my PC (I have cable) and

transfer it to his PC via usb flash drive?

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/contacts/lng/us

Hi sorry for being a bit blunt on my last message ,( tired 1am UK )

your friend should have received a registration number , by email ,

whoever holds that number can use it , Just download the latest version 7.5

and enter the number where it says register, all you get for the money is

faster updates and support, IMHO ,

but I still think it a great AV program, how much longer will it will be free ? 

yeah you can download it onto your puter , save as , and transferee it by usb pen ,

Hi Roco, I got in touch with my friend and he doesn't recall getting a registration number. He has also deletes his e-mail after every session.

I will return to the Grisoft site and try to find a method of contact.

Thank you.

your wellcome leoinnj , did you try the contact link  http://www.grisoft.com/doc/contacts/lng/us    ? doubt if there is a phone number on there though , just e-mail and stuff ,

This might be the phone number.I did a reverse search on the address.

1 Result matching "33 Bleeker Street, Millburn, NJ, 07041

Mattson, Madden & Leith

33 Bleeker St

Millburn, NJ 07041-1459

(973) 621-7000

smart move coknuck  :thumbsup:    , now why didn't I think of that  :uglystupid2:

Like the old saying "You can run but you can't hide". :2funny:

:2funny:, I prefer the UK saying , there aint any point geting older if you don't get wiser , I think that is true up to a certain age , then  :evil2: oh no I think I am past my sell by date strikes ,  :cry2::haha:

Hi sorry for being a bit blunt on my last message ,( tired 1am UK )

your friend should have received a registration number , by email ,

whoever holds that number can use it , Just download the latest version 7.5

and enter the number where it says register, all you get for the money is

faster updates and support, IMHO ,

but I still think it a great AV program, how much longer will it will be free ? 

yeah you can download it onto your puter , save as , and transferee it by usb pen ,

I may be out of line (as usuall) haha, But as far as the paid subscription , I recently signed up for my second , two years.Let me say , if you like the free version, you'll love the paid. There is a firewall in the new one that is second to none!Uses very little recourses, and you have complete controll of scheduling .Great prog  :)

Yeah, if AVG ever comes up with a complete package deal for all their stuff, I might get on the wagon.  :grin2: Kinda like "Nortons Internet Security Suite". I just hate Norton. But I love AVG.  :smitten: And much more reasonable. Plus they help poh folks with their free version.  :thumbsup: Norton can't say that.  :tickedoff:

I agree on the helping us poor folk ?,

and on hating Norton , If I was Norton I would be too embarrassed to help anybody , especially geeks , not that they would use it anyway  :evil6:

Tommie you feeling ok , you would be willing to pay for a AV program  ? :lol:

I would rather go back to using carrier pigeons for Air Mail  :lol:

I agree on the helping us poor folk ?,

and on hating Norton , If I was Norton I would be too embarrassed to help anybody , especially geeks , not that they would use it anyway  :evil6:

Tommie you feeling ok , you would be willing to pay for a AV program  ? :lol:

I would rather go back to using carrier pigeons for Air Mail  :lol:

:evil6: I know I am going to regret this, but yes. If grisoft had a complete internet security system that worked full time, and was light on resources like AVG is, it would be well worth buying to me, IF I had the extra money. And it totally had real time protection.  :grin2: Sure.

Meaning firewall, AV, anti spyware, in one full time package for $40 for 2 years. Why not?? I would recomend it. As long as it did the whole job by itself. Of course I would try the 30 day version first.  :wink:

:evil6: I know I am going to regret this, but yes. If grisoft had a complete internet security system that worked full time, and was light on resources like AVG is, it would be well worth buying to me, IF I had the extra money. And it totally had real time protection.  :grin2: Sure.

Meaning firewall, AV, anti spyware, in one full time package for $40 for 2 years. Why not?? I would recomend it. As long as it did the whole job by itself. Of course I would try the 30 day version first.  :wink:

I'll tell you this, w/ their purchased version , (I can't be the only one here w/ it) the firewall , you must experience to appreciate, and spybot, plus a spam server , which brings a multitude of protection, plus the normal hardware networking firewalls,adjusting your browser setting appropriately , you'll have no problems.

There you go again!  :haha:

Check your pms!

Edit: try and fix it on  me!!!!!  :tickedoff::grin2:

:2funny: It's a fair Cop ( :police: UK  )Guv,  :evil6:

I will stand in the corner for 1/2 hour for that , that being the place I spent most of my school years in ,  :lol:

pm's checked  :lol:, IT again ?, last time I pm'd 5 in a row with no reply ,

ended up with Pres. Bush ( he was playing Tag else where  :evil6: )

even PC World wouldn't play  :lol:,

Am I the only one that noticed how old the results were ?? AVG is now using the 7.5, not the 7.1 ! And it is still free!  :evil6:

And McAffee is what, $40 for one year?  :cool2:

I am sure McAffee is fine.

And you can also get a 2 year subscription for $40 plus a firewall with AVG.  :smile2:

I would agree , w/ the "Mcaffe is fine , if someone using it would tell me it's not a resource hog, and some progs . detect bad things when scanned.

AVG , has caught a couple of those nasty little buggers . (third year paid/  forth of fifth year using it total.I loved the free so much I had to buy, for added features.

Am I the only one that noticed how old the results were ?? AVG is now using the 7.5, not the 7.1 ! And it is still free!  :evil6:

And McAffee is what, $40 for one year?  :cool2:

I am sure McAffee is fine.

And you can also get a 2 year subscription for $40 plus a firewall with AVG.  :smile2:

Yes Gorman I did know the article was almost a year old when posted ...I pretty sure all the virus programs tested are now using newer versions as of today. If you have more recent test results please post. Yes.....Oct. 31 the 7.5 version was released by AVG  :shrug:.

note: my McAfee Security is a free 36month  free version so it actually has more features and not costing me a dime!  :notworthy:

note: my McAfee Security is a free 36month  free version so it actually has more features and not costing me a dime!  :notworthy:

:lol: You totally got me there. And really I have tried to find current ones before and failed myself. So I never posted them. I wish someone did keep current on them though. Really. It would help folks make educated decisions.

And yours is 36 mo. free? Not going to ask how, but good deal.  :icon_thumright:

I still prefer AVG though. I give up, it appears as always. Any searching I do for the review seems to come up with someone wanting to sell theirs.  :grin2: