Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

VanBuren

i thought i would give it a try since many ppl are very happy with it so i bought it a few weeks ago, but having problems with it :(

the problems is only with speedtesting, flat download seems to work good

testing speed against Testmy.net, used to be around 30 Mbps down, now its very inconsistent. Between 3 to 7 Mbps. I see it starts download the testfile in network graph, at 3 MB/s, then it stops and browser starts to load the file. Its like the antivirus program has to scan it before it loads in my browser.

Also, testing speed against speedtest.net servers it give me cached results, same goes for speakeasy test.

I haven't dig very deep into the issues yet, but i was thinking if someone here has the same product and same problems and hopefully a  solution  :grin2:

VanBuren :)

Well.. sounds like there is some good security built into it.. live scan during download that is pretty impressive..  Is there a way to turn it off? 

As far as caching results sounds like they may have implemented some type of proxy server, since it takes so long to download stuff due to the live scan, so they cache large files so when you request them again they are ready to go. 

How about overall system performance?  Slower/Faster?

Well.. sounds like there is some good security built into it.. live scan during download that is pretty impressive..  Is there a way to turn it off? 

As far as caching results sounds like they may have implemented some type of proxy server, since it takes so long to download stuff due to the live scan, so they cache large files so when you request them again they are ready to go.   

How about overall system performance?  Slower/Faster?

i havent noticed any gain/loss in performance compared to Norton, but the AV scan seems to be faster then Norton. Im back on my old rig, so every gain in perfornance means much these days...

i think your right Swimmer, it using some type of proxy, i just neeed to find out if its possible to disable this

Blunted do you know how to disable this? Did you have to uninstall it to get real scores?

problem solved  :grin2:

had to add firefox to trusted zone

trustedzone2ta2.th.jpg

hmm wtf, now attachments dosent work for me  :lol:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 28402 Kbps about 28.4 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3467 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net

Test Time:: 2006/12/08 - 10:36am

Bottom Line:: 495X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.3 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 6.049 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 49.3 % faster than the average for host (bredbandsbolaget.se)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RT8YLVFGD

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6 [!]

computers  :lol:

with this version i need to mark "Do not scan opened files" aswell...

works again  :grin2:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 30257 Kbps about 30.3 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3693 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net

Test Time:: 2006/12/08 - 12:35pm

Bottom Line:: 528X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.28 sec

Tested from a 20972 kB file and took 5.678 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 59.1 % faster than the average for host (bredbandsbolaget.se)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1ZWY0QKT3

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 [!]