BSODs

supersteven

http://www.memtest86.com/ Download that onto a floppy, and make sure it isn't the ram giving you trouble...

More info would help too...What kind of machine/motherboard/soundcard/etc...

It could be a driver conflict, bad memory, bad hd sector, and I've even had a bad HD cable give me BSOD's...Try the memory test first and eliminate that...

make sure you have all of the system drivers installed.. and that would include the chipset drivers... I have seen BSOD on my dell without the intel chipset driver installed if I forgot to turn off the wifi the system would crash because of the driver..

I'm trying to find chipset drivers for mine right now. I just hit the ASUS website and found one driver I didn't have. Don't know exactly what it's for but I'm downloading it right now. My chipset is the Crossfire Xpress 3200 one.

Edit: That was for some PC Probe program. Don't know why that was in the Drivers section. Anyway, I can't find those chipset drivers.

Probably was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Looks like a driver problem...

Try looking in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer/System - it should show you red exclamations(errors) in the list...You can double click on the errors, and follow the microsoft link to see if they have any info available.  It should also help you to determine which piece of hardware or which driver is causing you problems.

you can go here http://www.driveragent.com/ and run a scan.  I'm not sure how much info they give you on the free scan, but I believe it should help you narrow it down a bit...

I run x64 XP Pro, and they always have the best drivers, and the links for all of them...Helps me a great deal.

Will do right now. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, internet was out last night. It's been a great week. >_>

Are you updating the lan drivers through windows update?

I had a problem with one of thier lan drivers for my onboard.  I had to get different drivers, and ignore their update.

Are you still getting errors in your log too?

What kind of NIC is it?

No, I'm updating them through the ASUS site.

Yes, I'm still getting errors.

I'm using the onboard NIC on my mobo. It's a Marvell Yukon

Ok, since you haven't tried the microsoft drivers yet, try this...

Goto Microsoft Update and do a Custom Update.  There should be drivers under hardware for your onboard nic.

Try those...

Or try these http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?dId=116&pId=3

Sometimes the Asus site is a little behind as far as drivers go...

I'm using the same onboard nic as you, and I have had those errors before.  But I am also running x64 and running it in a network bridge with my D-Link card, so who knows.....I believe it is just the driver you are using...That is why driver agent is telling you there is a better driver most likely...

Try the windows update driver first, then if problem persists, try the second link..

Ok it didn't have anything about my LAN driver, but it didn't like my SATA controller one and updated that. Hopefully this helps.

And yeah, this site is amazing. It's the only tech forum I've been to where people don't get yelled at to search for old topics when they have problems.