Emergency! Well sort of, can you help my daughter?

ratchet

My daughter, who is working part time on her MBA at Boston U, uninstalled Office7 Beta today for some incompatibility issue she was having while working on a project. She had been using 7 Beta for several months and really liked it. She was using her companies lap top (XP Pro) and it also uninstalled MS Office. Apparently, the Beta must have installed over Office. Now she has no Word, Excel, etc. She tried doing an XP restore but it gave her the message (I paraphrase), there is nothing wrong with your computer, try an earlier restore point! Have any suggestions? My main question is: since she doesn't have the XP Disc, since it's a company computer and tech support is in Atlanta and she is in Boston, if she contacts MS and they see she has a valid copy of XP, would they give her a link to download Office? Thank You!

My daughter, who is working part time on her MBA at Boston U, uninstalled Office7 Beta today for some incompatibility issue she was having while working on a project. She had been using 7 Beta for several months and really liked it. She was using her companies lap top (XP Pro) and it also uninstalled MS Office. Apparently, the Beta must have installed over Office. Now she has no Word, Excel, etc. She tried doing an XP restore but it gave her the message (I paraphrase), there is nothing wrong with your computer, try an earlier restore point! Have any suggestions? My main question is: since she doesn't have the XP Disc, since it's a company computer and tech support is in Atlanta and she is in Boston, if she contacts MS and they see she has a valid copy of XP, would they give her a link to download Office? Thank You!

they are not going to give her a download link for office they are going to mail her a CD. if she has to do something like right away she can download http://openoffice.org it is fully Microsoft office compatible

You can download Microsoft Office Standard editon from the Microsoft website. If she has the serial for her original copy of Office she can use it, and everything will be ok.

http://microsoft.order-10.com/OfficeStandardEdition/welcome.aspx?id=enusdl

try to get an oem copy from dell or the pc makers website

it will usually cost like 10 dollars

be advise though most oem recovery disc from pc makers will delete everything in your hard drive

so be cautious and read any info on the scrren or that comes with the cds

or you could go the open office approach thats what i use

or u can go to goodwill or some used computer strore and buy word 97 or something for less than $10

ms word has not had any real work done to it in 10 years

power point now thats a different story(but thats the only one that has evelve much in 10 years)