PC Freezing Help

wyantm06

Well since 2 nights ago my PC started to freeze for no reason all by itself. I come home today trying to pull the screen saver off but it was froze. The PC was still on but froze. It has been doing this a lot lately. I scanned for spyware and viruses and it found nothing. I did some temperature testing and was told they were pretty normal. Can I get any help to why this would possibly be doing this to me? I always have problems, its making me pretty mad.

Just installing software wise. Like I installed some software which tells you your internal temperatures (I forgot the name of it) and I installed a HUB software. All which I uninstalled the other night. It started freezing when files were being shared in a HUB, no one was downloading them they were just adding to my list to be shared. I exited it while it was sharing and it froze.

Don't know. Should I just run safe mode all night and see if it happens? What does it mean if it does not in safe mode btw.

yes run try it in safe mode. if it does not do it in safemode then that means its something installed on your computer, if it does then eather the scrren saver files are messed up or its a hardware issue.

I had this problem before, it was the hdd going bad, listen carefully next time it freezes for a "clak" sort of sound. if you hear that each time the PC freezes, its probably the hdd... sigh, all the data I lost on my old hdd -__-

good luck!

I had this problem before, it was the hdd going bad, listen carefully next time it freezes for a "clak" sort of sound. if you hear that each time the PC freezes, its probably the hdd... sigh, all the data I lost on my old hdd -__-

good luck!

Wow this sucks. I just replaced a 250 Gig Western Digital that broke, and bought this one less than a month ago. How the heck do I keep going through HDD like this? wow...I am done with computers seriosuly.

There you go, how can you expect to get good technology at Sams Club, and geeks.com is a lot of refurb stuff so you never really can be sure what your're getting. In other words buy from a place like newegg.

what's it matter if I bought it at Sams Club or not? The damn thing was brand new in the box, its from Western Digital. So I see no difference. All I know is I am done with computers. After this one craps out, good bye all. This is total BS.

Well I took the side off and it was clogged with black on the CPU and heat sink. I went to Wal-mart and bought compressed air and blew it all out. PC seems to run quieter, but I don't know if that was the issue. I hope my HDD is not crapping out again.