WHY IS CHARTER CRAPPY

Kill_Charter

About 7 months ago my internet would go fast 1 minute and slower than dial up the next.I called the always wonderful tech support :uglystupid2: and of course the problems on my end.SO after about 4 techs commin out and each 1 saying its charters fault while everytime i call tech they tell me I'm the problem.I'm pretty sure the problem isn't me when my all my neighbors have it too.OK last week me and the neighbors pointed to the teaches :uglystupid2: that the slowdown only occurs at night, and they reply we will have it fixed by December 1st.well its the 13th and no improvement.I would also like to point out how this only started when the supposedly upgraded my area w/ Phone service and 5 meg connections. This is a sh**ty upgrade.DO any of you have the same problem with charter n the GA area and if happened to solve please share

C:Documents and SettingsJoel>tracert testmy.net

Tracing route to testmy.net [67.18.179.85]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1

2    6 ms    8 ms    6 ms  10.139.0.1

3    33 ms    19 ms    17 ms  172.26.97.137

4    18 ms    18 ms    20 ms  atlnga1wcx1-pos4-0.wcg.net [64.200.231.245]

5    22 ms    39 ms    33 ms  drvlga1wcx2-pos6-0-oc48.wcg.net [64.200.127.97]

6    30 ms    31 ms    35 ms  hrndva1wcx3-pos14-0-oc192.wcg.net [64.200.210.23

8]

7    52 ms    30 ms    32 ms  64.200.249.158

8    *      31 ms    *    te-7-3.car4.Washington1.Level3.net [4.68.110.1]

9    *        *        *    Request timed out.

10    *        *        *    Request timed out.

11    *        *      58 ms  ae-3.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.132.81]

12    53 ms    62 ms    57 ms  ae-14-53.car4.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.68.122.80]

13    53 ms    54 ms    66 ms  THE-PLANET.car4.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.71.122.2]

14  108 ms    74 ms    51 ms  te7-2.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com [70.87.253.26]

15    55 ms    52 ms    56 ms  vl41.dsr01.dllstx4.theplanet.com [70.85.127.83]

16    55 ms    52 ms    53 ms  gi1-0-2.car17.dllstx4.theplanet.com [67.18.116.8

5]

17    65 ms    54 ms    50 ms  55.b3.1243.static.theplanet.com [67.18.179.85]

Trace complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just became a member last night and was reading though some of the messages..  I was working for Charter about 6 months ago as a CSR, so I should be able to help out hopefully, and I can really understand your frustration like few can, because I have heard it quite a few times before.

I must say first I was only a call center employee for a year and everything I am posting is *my opinion only*.

This problem really seems to have started almost right after Charter started offering their new phone service to the Ga system (which they did too fast in my opinion)..  The reason I think the two are linked are because they must be provided though the same frequency, not the case for example cable and internet.. All telephone accounts must have a dedicated IP address that is always on, just like the internet... 

To answer your question, I don't think Charter has added enough bandwidth in this area to accommodate all the new phone service and the existing internet service, since each headend (where your service is sent from) is only offered so much bandwidth. And the new 5 meg packages are making it worse in my opinion, because this takes evenmore from their main server, I think they just upgraded too fast...  Please don't take it out on the technicians, almost all the techs I did talk with were very nice, and the impression they gave me is they were just as frustrated as the customers because they hear it every day and cannot fix it directly in most cases..

The bottom line is that I believe Charter knows that the problem exists and how to fix it, but probably is taking some time..  There could be some other reasons at fault too, like how good your cable lines are in the area and distance from the headend, or even if the cable from the house to the pole is bad, but you said your neighbors are having the same problem..  All in all I think Charter is a very good company and think you should use them as a provider, I also think you would be surprised they will try to work with you and at least able to give you some kind of special for a few months for the hassle..

Again I do not work for Charter any longer, but I really hope this helps and hope the problem is fixed soon for you and all your neighbors!

Well, here where I live in SE Louisiana Charter is totally crappy, s#!ty even.  They are worried too much about the bottom line on the financial statement rather than what kind of service they provide to the public.    The parish 

(county) I live has less rich people than most areas so charter won't put cable internet in the parish.  We barely have digital cable avail.  Katrina took down most of their lines so most of their customer base went to DISH with a few going to DirecTV.  Where I live it was 139 days after Katrina hit that cable would have been available to me. Dish was the only way to survive.  CHARTER IS CRAP ! ! !  imho.  my $.02 on charter.