My Smart Bro (Wi-fi) internet connection speed

overboost

Day Time Download Upload Latency Server Distance Share

1/29/2007 9:16 AM GMT 15898 kb/s 708 kb/s 117 ms Chicago, IL ~ 50 mi Hide Linkable Image

Link Your Results

Share this result with others by selecting one of the preformatted image links on the right.

Link to Speedtest.net!

Forum link (for most forums):Hyperlink (for web pages):Direct link (to send in messages):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a good discussion going on in here

so am i write to say that to optimize ur speeds with Smart Bro

it is best to tweak ur Motorola Canopy software like on reply 44 from elijahpaul

and tweak a bit with TCP optmizer ?

would you guys recomend this to fellow Smart Bro users?

Nice banner there elijahpaul  Laughing So that is 500 up and down. That is pretty good compared to mine. Nice.

lol.. people subscribed to Smart BRO calls it Smart BROKEN 'cause not all of their subscribers get the speed they wanted. :sad:

this is a good discussion going on in here

so am i write to say that to optimize ur speeds with Smart Bro

it is best to tweak ur Motorola Canopy software like on reply 44 from elijahpaul

and tweak a bit with TCP optmizer ?

would you guys recomend this to fellow Smart Bro users?

yes, changing the settings in the canopy software really improved my gaming performance (counterstrike online). well, TCP optimizer helped too but i prefer cFosSpeed because i don't have to constantly change settings with it.  :cool:

wait! i've got a problem.. i can't access my SM! i think i got locked out!  :angry:

anyway, i'll post mine as soon as i fix this..

EDIT: okay, here's mine.. while i cant access my SM.. :tickedoff:

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 189 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 23 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/01/29 - 10:09am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 44.52 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 44.015 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 8.27 % of your hosts average (200.106)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-K9PJXT4GQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1

yall still have some catching up to do :azn:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1925 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 235 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/01/30 - 8:56am

Bottom Line:: 34X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.36 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 12.734 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 2.28 % faster than the average for host (vrfuturenet.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XM5ZK6VO1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

Yah they can check to see i can get service. its going to cost me $85 to take it down and set it up at the new place.

Which seems like it would still be cheaper than setting up a move with a satellite company unless they did it for nothing..but in any case wireless is usually the better deal

Which seems like it would still be cheaper than setting up a move with a satellite company unless they did it for nothing..but in any case wireless is usually the better deal

Out in my area just to point a DW dish was 100 bucks! :cry: Then i finally learned how to point it myself. I like my wireless better than DW. The first week wasn't that great well because i got a bad router, and had to constantly reboot it ever hour. I just left him a voice mail saying about the bad router. Hell around 9pm at night yes at night he replaced it with no questions asked. So far Ive been happy with this isp