My Smart Bro (Wi-fi) internet connection speed

overboost

@pusakal

Tell them that your connection is very slow. I once called them last December and the next day technicians arrived and replaced the antenna and checked the canopy settings.

Senfar antenna is inferior (smart broken) to the Motorola antenna (if you upgrade to Motorola antenna your Canopy version will also be updated). Keep on complaining or calling customer service about your slow connection (its all free).

update us after they replaced your antenna.

Cheers!!

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:::::::::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 545 Kbps about 0.55 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 67 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 193 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 24 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/08 - 7:47am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Z5OWBAY70

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-9F5E2GM4W

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0

even though i get these results it seems like it's still slow.. sometimes it's fast sometimes slow..errr smart bro...

@elijahpaul

what can we modify here? how about enabling the 2X RATE?

558636177l.jpg

@ fren 17

2x rate doesn't make your speed go faster..  :wink:

btw, nice speed you got there.. good job! :cool:

@ all

sorry i haven't posted for a while, we had our immersion camp at some remote place and i couldn't go online (i'm just a college student). [geek]

anyway, even though you have tweaked the canopy software and used all possible software tweaks out there, it will still depend on the network traffic in the base station your connected with(i.e, how many users are connected to your particular cell site). sadly, we cannot do anything about it. unless you want to connect to another base station (cell site), then that's another story.. :wink:

@overboost

i see...you're not that far from taytay, i've called smart's costumer support and they said that they won't be making any hardware upgrade, they said that they only upgrade the old antenna, i think it's senfar and make it into a canopy antenna so they don't need to upgrade mine, maybe i can upgrade the firmware? what do you think guys? anyways they said that my connection is slow and they will make a report and call me back within 24 hours...i'll just wait and see what will happen.

dude, i didn't quite get you.. do you mean you have a sendfar antenna? or a motorola canopy? see my previous post for the pic of the motorola canopy. if you have a sendfar antenna, then they will upgrade your antenna to the motorola canopy one. if you already have the canopy, i suggest you call the customer service to upgrade your canopy software (but that means they will lock the canopy software from access thru http).

hi guys

i am really glad i made this section of the forum for wi bro

u dont need to keep on posting only on this thread

u can go to http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?board=135.0

and start a new thread if you have a different question or whatever

thank you all for ur contribution

thanks just-! :cool:

@Elijahpaul

I'm using Canopy right now but i think i have a different configuration page compared to everyone here so i asked the customer service if they can upgrade mine but they said that they cannot upgrade my canopy...i was thinking of upgrading the firmware, see my previous post for the caps of what my configuration page look like and see if i had an old canopy version.

@elijahpaul

can you help me bring my canopy page back i was trying to change my ip address but i can't change it so i browsed the canopy page and look at it for a while then i tried to enable a dhcp option...now i can't access it but i can access a diff canopy page if i followed your old post as in

changing IP address: 169.254.3.3

Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

how can i bring the canopy page back?

anyways they changed my canopy they said that mine is an old canopy model and changed my base station but still i'm on a slow connection as in it's much slower when i test it earlier around 1pm - 12am my connection is only 55kbps 8kb/s download speed

i've already made the tweak but still nothing happens

@ all

sorry i haven't posted for a while, we had our immersion camp at some remote place and i couldn't go online (i'm just a college student). [geek]

anyway, even though you have tweaked the canopy software and used all possible software tweaks out there, it will still depend on the network traffic in the base station your connected with(i.e, how many users are connected to your particular cell site). sadly, we cannot do anything about it. unless you want to connect to another base station (cell site), then that's another story.. :wink:

well in that case can we change the base station on where we are connected? and how can we know the number of user's connected on that base station?

cheers! :lol:

@fren17

http://tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=49325&page=409

i've read that he can change his own base station...

fren17 where are you from? i think i'm also blocked by the motorola canopy config page. i'm reading your posts regarding shorting the canopy antenna but don't know if i can do it right..you think you can give me your ym id or something? if it's ok that is.

help me to improve my speed connection.. :grin: :grin:

please post the steps or procedures to do.. tenks :cheesy: :cheesy:

hi karlcuya  and welcome to the forum

would be great if one of this guys who has a canopy antena would post a guide how to tweak it anyone ?

Guys I have been a fan of this thread for quite sometime now....And i want to thank you guyz for trying to help people like me..smartbroken subscribers..Lolz :-P Anyway i can only get 250kbps and up speed at this time 10pm to 9am..After 9am my connection is really awful..about 30kbps to 70kbps..I tried all the tweaks and pc hygience you suggested in this thread but still no luck!! Do you think its time for me to ask smart to change my base station?? And where can i see how many computers connected in my base station.?? Thanks in advance and Godbless...

by the way im from Baguio City!!!Mabuhay ang Pilipinas

hi im also a smart bro subscriber, here's the result of my DL speed:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 117 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/16 - 9:25pm

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 73.14 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 27.079 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 65.73 % of your hosts average (243.51)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-P768BV4HT

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) [!]

need help :cry:

hi guys

i had not seen this so sorry for not looking into it again

unfortunately i don't think i this thread is good enough for a sticky

imagine if you are new and come into this forum

and look into the smart bro section

if u look into this thread there is lots of information but scattered over a lot of pages

it is not friendly to the new users, and most likely who is going to read trough 10 PAGES of a forum ?

elijahpaul or any other smart bro user

i ask you to make one new thread with a guide / suggestion

on how to tweak ur canopy wireless antenna and all your experience on it

if you have a step one two three kind of thing

in one post then i can make that sticky

but i think making this thread a sticky would be confusing for the new users

cause its difficult to understand the information unless u read all 10 posts

do you agree with me ?

hi guys

i had not seen this so sorry for not looking into it again

unfortunately i don't think i this thread is good enough for a sticky

do you agree with me ?

Yes,

a sticky would be good if it had the questions and answers all together. I have been on other forums where there are sections like Freq Asked Questions and Tips & Tweaks and so on. If some one did a post like that it could be put under one title, but don't ask me to do it, I'm semi-retired and don't have as much time.......left. :smiley: