My Smart Bro (Wi-fi) internet connection speed

overboost

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a forum for "My Smart Bro (Wi-fi) internet connection speed" not for DSL. :2funny:

yup thats true because i used to have a smartbro and its so damn slow so i now got pldt dsl plan 999 which has 768 Kbps but look wat my speed is because of my tweaks hehe whos laughing now

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.. Just want to ask some help..

I've finally came up with a conclusion based on my observation on my bandwidth...

When I download files for example, at ranonline.com.ph i can get high speeds because i download the file "Locally"= means within the Philippines, i can download at a speed of 45 kB/s...

But when on International Sites like download.com, i can only download at 20kB/s...

My conclusion is, i'm having problem when downloading files and browsing sites internationally...

and maybe, that's the reason why im getting 360+ Kbps in PLDTplay.com and 2wire.com while on testmy.net and speedtest.net, which are international bandwidth test sites is only a frustrating 170 Kbps and still fluctuating...

What do you think guys? What steps should i take? Im only using windows firewall and i also tried disabling it but when i did that, there's a very wild fluctuation in my speed like, getting to 90 kB/s download speed and so...

What's Happening?!?!? Help Guys!!

Tnx!  smitten

the connection is like throwing a golf ball and it bounces off somewhere else before you reach at what you aim at. try using a traceroute and see where it goes first before reaching a destination you chose. different isp's has different ways to get you there fast and others it takes them slow. to sum it all it has to be on the isp's end and the link between the subscriber. poor system means slow speed.

here's mine  :smiley6600:

156425398.png

Check it with the Quezon City server to be more precise.. I think Testmy also provides accurate speeds. Thats also pretty good but I think you can tweak it to reach better speeds.. Try using Cablenut or TCP Optimizer and maybe you can see positive changes..  :smiley:

yep//

Check it with the Quezon City server to be more precise.. I think Testmy also provides accurate speeds. Thats also pretty good but I think you can tweak it to reach better speeds.. Try using Cablenut or TCP Optimizer and maybe you can see positive changes..  :smiley:

if your using smart bro and check your Download and Upload speed in Quezon City for me it is not accurate.. promise  :grin2:

and ok. i'll try testmynet........ and here's the result.

share-E43LAHYGD