My Smart Bro (Wi-fi) internet connection speed

overboost

What I know is if you will pay the whole 12 months..Its a contract thing. So you will have to pay P12,000 whether you've only used it for 1 month. Kinda sux...  :knuppel2:

wah? its like stealing one's money! now if i have used 11 months of that contract, which is close to 11K, and quit for dissatisfaction, am i gonna pay them another 12K, all in all 23K for a year's subscription? holy s#it!  :shocked:

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wah? its like stealing one's money! now if i have used 11 months of that contract, which is close to 11K, and quit for dissatisfaction, am i gonna pay them another 12K, all in all 23K for a year's subscription? holy s#it!  :shocked:

No, all in all you will pay them 12,000... Whether you keep your connection or not. You will pay the contract itself (we are tied to 12 month to smartbro..) so if you paid 7 months for 7000, and decide to disconnect, you will have to pay the 5000 as a charge although you did not use it...

hahaha smartbro will not charge me if i will decide to cut my connection.  :haha:

And your point is? :shrug:

No, all in all you will pay them 12,000... Whether you keep your connection or not. You will pay the contract itself (we are tied to 12 month to smartbro..) so if you paid 7 months for 7000, and decide to disconnect, you will have to pay the 5000 as a charge although you did not use it...

And your point is? :shrug:

that makies sense. Understandable. Hard, but understandable.

they were counting on your money, and need it as far as they are concerned.  :grin2:

that makies sense. Understandable. Hard, but understandable.

they were counting on your money, and need it as far as they are concerned.  :grin2:

Yeah, Internet here is too unfair and overpriced.. Even our president got in trouble because of an overpriced broadband deal with China (ZTE Nationwide broadband network)  :haha: :haha: :haha:

Yeah, Internet here is too unfair and overpriced.. Even our president got in trouble because of an overpriced broadband deal with China (ZTE Nationwide broadband network)  :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'll try to explain it from their point of view (or a landlords point of view) they have installed equipment which will not be reusable. So in order to recoup their expenses they need to finish out the contract which has the equipment figured in on the monthly payment. So there is no up  front fees for it. So it is their way of not going broke. Unless they charge for the equipment ahead of time like satelited does? Then I have no idea.

And I'm not trying to defend them, only to try to understand myself sort of.

• 2 weeks later...

after doing the 20 steps, tis is the result. can anyone help me to improve my connection?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 114 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/24 - 5:14am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 73.14 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 27.766 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 72.61 % of your hosts average (104.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B4IW5TGOQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 [!]

after doing the 20 steps, tis is the result. can anyone help me to improve my connection?

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 114 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/10/24 - 5:14am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 73.14 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 27.766 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 72.61 % of your hosts average (104.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B4IW5TGOQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0

Your speed must already improved but why does it seems like it getting worse?Did you really follow step by step on the 20 steps? :sad:

this is my updated internet connection speed

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 85 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 10 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/10/24 - 9:20am

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 102.4 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 9.343 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 55.56 % of your hosts average (104.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-U12P3Y0LT

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 [!]

this is my updated internet connection speed

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 85 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 10 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/10/24 - 9:20am

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 102.4 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 9.343 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 55.56 % of your hosts average (104.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-U12P3Y0LT

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0

wow 2 times is a lot, ive tried the 20 steps for about 8 times and the cablenut settings for about 15+ times rebooted my pc for about 30-40+ times [not at the same day and night, including the cleaning, defrag... etc] to get the most stable settings i could have!

wow 2 times is a lot, ive tried the 20 steps for about 8 times and the cablenut settings for about 15+ times rebooted my pc for about 30-40+ times [not at the same day and night, including the cleaning, defrag... etc] to get the most stable settings i could have!

you must have brought with you lotsa patience in your quest for a speedy connection huh  :shocked:

you must have brought with you lotsa patience in your quest for a speedy connection huh  :shocked:

just a matter of trial and error, ive seen others [including you of course] successfully did it so why can't i  :grin:, it did not work for my 1st,2nd,3rd try but eventually it worked on my 8th, the problem is at first i only [practically excited to get high speed quickly] followed the steps and concentrating on the cablenut settings but not focusing on other small things that might be a factor on slowing my speed..... scanning the whole drive [just to make sure no viruses/adware/spyware/malware/trojan/worm are multiplying and residing in my pc, cleaning unwanted applications, registry cleaning, too much applications running on the background,  too many start up objects and small diskspace left on my HD!

then after a bit of patience cleaning up the messy things, i concentrated on the css settings again and poof got some high speeds after:

share2-D3BCFY05E

Guest ExtremeFusion

i think if you get past the one year lock in period, you can cancel your contract anytime you want. you don't get a new contract by getting past the lock in period.

then what happens after the lock-in period?

after a lock-in period comes a new lock in period!  :shock:

you have continued service which you can terminate anytime you want. if you need to have a new contract after one year, "lock in period" won't be a proper term, it should be "contract expiration date".

did you get this directly from smart?

does that mean we have to sign another contract, with a specific "expiration date? (just like job order's?)

LOL, haven't you guys been to a wireless center or have a "CHIT CHAT" with their CSR..

AFTER 1 Year of lock-in period with SMARTBRo

because if you prematurely terminate your contract with smart you'll have to pay for the remaining months

which is a stupid move...

Back again in my point...

After 1 Year of lock in period... You're opt to continue or discontinue the subscription to smartBro(KEN)

REMEMBER that you pay 999 for Installation Fee and to activate your account?!

A Beautiful CSR of SMART (lol, they have a beautiful CSR really) in SM Marilao, Smart Wireless Center

told me that after 12 months

I could have a 1 month subscription from SmartBro where I won't have to pay anything, this is where the 999 fee will come in handy because this is what they will use to facilitate that 13 month...

Then after that I can decide wether  to keep from subcribing or totally keep away from subscribing...

It's just like paying CASH ADVANCE when you rent a bedspace or room..

You can use your CASH ADVANCE at your last month of stay...

in SmartBro Case that is our 13 month...

CONFUSED?! PM ME...

SH*T ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN IN ENGLISH WITHOUT THE DEGREE OF WHAT I"M SAYING BEING UNCHANGED!!!

I still have four months with smart bro...... *sigh*

PLDT is offering this new service for Php990/month you'll get a DSL connection and a landline. seems like a good deal. If it's still available by february, I will definitely switch to this service. Since it's wired, i'm hoping that it is better.

What the HELL?!

Are you guys planning to subscribe to smart after 1 year... LOL

I can't wait to get out of this hole....  :evil6:

Remember  that some may still not have a different choice. Depending on their location.

It is like that with satelite also. Not all can change. And it beats dial up.  :lol:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Remember  that some may still not have a different choice. Depending on their location.

It is like that with satelite also. Not all can change. And it beats dial up.  :lol:

That is if you don't experience speeds like your on a dial-up while your paying for a 384 kbps connection.. lol  :2funny: