50Mbit/50Mbit FTTH plan available December 19th!!!

News Release:  December 13, 2006

UP TO 50 MEGS PER SECOND?!

SUREWEST CONTINUES TO BREAK INTERNET SPEED BARRIERS

I just got off the phone with a Surewest Rep and it seems that if you have at least two other services (TV,Phone,Cell?) the 50Mbps plan is only $189.95 per month and $259.95 without bundle. They don't have a lot of details yet but the rep is pretty sure that the 50Mbps plan will be unlimited like the 20Mbps plan that I currently have. I will probably try it out for one month at the $189.95 rate to get a taste of 50Mbps/50Mbps out of my home but it's doubtful that I will be able to afford $100 more per month (currently pay $89.95 for 20Mbps) long term.

News Release:  December 13, 2006

UP TO 50 MEGS PER SECOND?!

SUREWEST CONTINUES TO BREAK INTERNET SPEED BARRIERS

I just got off the phone with a Surewest Rep and it seems that if you have at least two other services (TV,Phone,Cell?) the 50Mbps plan is only $189.95 per month and $259.95 without bundle. They don't have a lot of details yet but the rep is pretty sure that the 50Mbps plan will be unlimited like the 20Mbps plan that I currently have. I will probably try it out for one month at the $189.95 rate to get a taste of 50Mbps/50Mbps out of my home but it's doubtful that I will be able to afford $100 more per month (currently pay $89.95 for 20Mbps) long term.

Wow man. You have a sweet ass connection!  :grin2:

There is no cap on the 20Mbps service and I really doubt the 50Mbps will. Only the 10Mbps plan has a cap. I upload about 3TB per month on my 20Mbps plan and they know I do and I have never had a problem. I have told you this a few times Blunted 2 why don't you believe me?

Its too bad that Surewest really has no competition for these faster speeds. Verizon will never come to Sacramento because they don't own the phones here so right now there is only Comcast with their 8Mbps/768Kbps with powerboost plan. I really hope Surewest doesn't jack up the prices in the future.

That is wrong. When the 20Mbps plan first rolled out Surewest tech support was just assuming there was a cap. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them when I signed up for it and they finally confirmed that the 20Mbps plan was unlimited. Also that user's post that they are referencing mentions a Power User plan that doesn't even exist with the 20Mbps plan. I was on the Power User plan with a 75GB cap when I was on the 10Mbps plan and when I upgraded to the 20Mbps plan they said there is no longer a Power User plan because it is unlimited. Also the regular price of the 20Mbps plan is about $100 per month ($103.95). That user got mis-information because not one thing he stats is correct.  Also look at the screen shot in my previous post. That also shows no cap for the 20Mbps service and clearly shows a 40GB cap for the 10Mbps service.

Yeah I used more then 40 gigs a month when I was on 1.5Mbps/768 dsl. Trust me I wouldn't have gotten Surewest if I was going to be restricted to 40GB per month. Compared to Verizon's $179 30/5(50/5?) plan 50/50 for $190 isn't bad. I mean where else can you get a 50Mbps symmetrical connection to your home for under $200?