direcway

yanosj

I live about 6 miles outside Columbia, MO.  We have directway and the latency and limits drive me nuts.  It's too far to the switch starion for DSL, a wireless card is too far from the tower to work well (tried one and got 10kbps down loads).  Is there any option I'm not thinking of.

Thanks

I live about 6 miles outside Columbia, MO.  We have DirecWay and the latency and limits drive me nuts.  It's too far to the switch starion for DSL, a wireless card is too far from the tower to work well (tried one and got 10Kbps down loads).  Is there any option I'm not thinking of.

Thanks

Dial up :shock:

Btw Welcome!

• 9 months later...

After experiencing total loss of signal and having crystal clear blue skies overhead, I could not imagine what could be wrong with my setup.

While talking with techs from xplornet(Canadian, how come no maple leaf smiley  Eh?)they reminded me of the second gimpy leg of the satellite connection - the weather at the other end of the connection!

Ok, I'll admit.....I studied political science at University and not any of the other siences, but when the techie told me the down dish was in Pennsylvania(hint: near the ocean - clouds, rain and big assed storms called....duh!.... Hurricanes!)(plz correct me if wrong on location)  why has no rocket scientist recommended that it be moved to the desert!  Arizona comes to mind and even Denver's website brags of 300 days of sunshine/yr!

:idea: