Norton PLEASE HELP!

Sparticus

When I finally decided to remove norton and go with AVG it won't let me uninstall it! It says that instances of live update are running in the background. How do I close them? I don't want to go into my processes and just start killing processes.

Thanks

It won't let me uninstall in safe mode, it says it detected I was in safe mode and that I need to restart my pc in normal mode and uninstall.

When I finally decided to remove norton and go with AVG it won't let me uninstall it! It says that instances of live update are running in the background. How do I close them? I don't want to go into my processes and just start killing processes.

Thanks

It won't let me uninstall in safe mode, it says it detected I was in safe mode and that I need to restart my pc in normal mode and uninstall.

There has been alot of issues still with trying to remove "Symantec" products... so much that they actually made a product themselves that will remove ALL traces of the programs since not all the time (99%) the uninstall will remove everything... It can be found here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

-Zook

There has been alot of issues still with trying to remove "Symantec" products... so much that they actually made a product themselves that will remove ALL traces of the programs since not all the time (99%) the uninstall will remove everything... It can be found here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

-Zook

Welcome to the forum Zook!  Yea.. Symantec is known for making it almost impossible to remove their software.. they figure that if it is super difficult then there is no way a virus will be able to disable/uninstall it i guess..  Pretty crazy if you ask me... 

Welcome to the forum Zook!  Yea.. Symantec is known for making it almost impossible to remove their software.. they figure that if it is super difficult then there is no way a virus will be able to disable/uninstall it i guess..  Pretty crazy if you ask me... 

Try stupid  :haha: