Mouse/bowser problems

Guest TheBen

i use xp pro & every time i click a file it opens the windows file search engine i do not know how it happend but i m not the only person who use this comp (just the only one who cares...lol) but any ideas that anyone has on what might be the matter would be helpful thanx..

This is a common winxp registry bug. This problem occurs when you open the Edit File Type dialog box for the Drive or File Folder registered file types.

This problem occurs even if you do not create a new action, edit existing actions, or change the default action in the Edit File Type dialog box.

To resolve this problem, edit the registry to set the value data for the Default string value in the registry key to none

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry if this problem occurs with folders:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshell

3. Click Modify on the Edit menu.

4. Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.

5. Quit Registry Editor.

let me know the outcome ok  :cheesy:

-JxL

This is a common winxp registry bug. This problem occurs when you open the Edit File Type dialog box for the Drive or File Folder registered file types.

This problem occurs even if you do not create a new action, edit existing actions, or change the default action in the Edit File Type dialog box.

To resolve this problem, edit the registry to set the value data for the Default string value in the registry key to none

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry if this problem occurs with folders:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshell

3. Click Modify on the Edit menu.

4. Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.

5. Quit Registry Editor.

let me know the outcome ok  :cheesy:

-JxL

Well that did It

Thanks Alot

:haha: :haha: :haha: