What Wireless Router To Buy? (Wii)

Protonium

Hallo! Right now I'm using some crappy no-name switch but I just got a Wii and am looking to upgrade to a wireless router. Does anyone have any suggestions on what's a good thing to buy? I'm not looking for anything godlike, just the cheapest (relatively) router to get the job done lol. Please help! =P Thanks in advance!

Btw if it matters, my internet connection is Rogers High-Speed Express which "claims" (lol) "Modem set-up of up to 5.0 Mbps download and 384 Kbps upload."

Thanks for the quick responses! I took a look at that D-link router but the comments turned me off =/. Linksys ones look alright though. Anything I should be looking out for in particular when buying a router? How does one differ from the next? The speeds? the 802.11g and 802.11b deal? Ports? lol

Thanks for the welcome  :grin2:! I'm loving the Wii it's so much damn fun lol especially with friends! I can't stop playing Super Monkey Ball right now lol although I was hooked on Zelda: TP not too long ago =P

Thanks for the quick responses! I took a look at that D-link router but the comments turned me off =/. Linksys ones look alright though. Anything I should be looking out for in particular when buying a router? How does one differ from the next? The speeds? the 802.11g and 802.11b deal? Ports? lol

Thanks for the welcome  :grin2:! I'm loving the Wii it's so much damn fun lol especially with friends! I can't stop playing Super Monkey Ball right now lol although I was hooked on Zelda: TP not too long ago =P

Glad you like it!! :grin2:

802.11b is maxed out at 11mbps

802.11g can go up to 108 mbps

Definitely buy a 802.11G

I have the linksys WRT54G and it works great with forwarding ports! I used to play XBC alot and the ports that I forwarded worked like a charm! I've tried D-Link products before and I was not impressed.