Insightbb and Bittorrent

toast6977

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually yes, they guarantee lowest speeds.  Before the 10mb upgrade, it was guaranteed 3.0mbit, 5 peak advertised.  This of course does not mean that if someone has 1mb up, you will get 3mb down from them.  This is in the contract.  The speeds resulting from sandvine are far below their guaranteed minimum.

I had a tech out today because I had some speed issues, even on the download (peaking at 1500). Everything went back to fine sometime in the last couple days (about 9000 down/900 up). However, torrent upload speed is way down. Unless I am connected with someone on the insightbb network. upload was great with other insightbb users. He mentioned it had to do with UDP packets. They were limiting that. I just really questioned how much they were limiting UDP packets. Uploading at 1k, 2k, or 3k is pretty poor. You might has well be turning it off. I guess anything outside the insightbb network using UDP becomes an issue. I backup my work files to a server in Oklahoma. I wonder if that uses UDP at all.