Merry Christmas all

daytrader

Guest jeffwalker9999

:laugh:

Merry X-Mas & Happy New Year To All

:buck2:

Yep I'm still surviving cancer and a stroke and doing ok/good

:knuppel2:

Still reside in Sin City (Las Vegas Nevada)

:!:

Gary - Is now in a nursing home - Dementia - doing bad, but coping with his medical condition

:uglystupid2:

Again; I'm doing well - and will be on the net more often now that I got a laptop

with Sprint Wirelerss Broadband and Cox Cable ( shared via a Linksys Wireless G Router )

Again --- Best wishes to all

:uglystupid2:  :arrow:  :arrow:

edit: sorry, no again.  it's already in your sig...

And where do you think the center of hillbilly music is, Branson MO:wink:

A HUMMMM:

The Monroe Brothers were one of the most popular duet teams of the 1920s and into the 1930s. Charlie played the guitar, Bill played the mandolin and they sang duets in harmony. When the brothers split up as a team in 1938, both went on to form their own bands. Since Bill was a native of Kentucky, the Bluegrass State, he decided to call his band "Bill Monroe and the Blue Grass Boys," and this band sound birthed a new form of country music.

Doesn't it always rain in the winter in Fla.? It did whenever I was down there. What is cold down there?

right know it is about 75 degrees but by tomorrow it is supposed to be in the upper mid 60's for the high and mid 40's for the low and that is about as cold as it gets.

Yeah it rains a lot but whenever it rains that brings cold weather

A HUMMMM:

The Monroe Brothers were one of the most popular duet teams of the 1920s and into the 1930s. Charlie played the guitar, Bill played the mandolin and they sang duets in harmony. When the brothers split up as a team in 1938, both went on to form their own bands. Since Bill was a native of Kentucky, the Bluegrass State, he decided to call his band "Bill Monroe and the Blue Grass Boys," and this band sound birthed a new form of country music.

yes..I agree..I personally thought it was Nashville until my 76 year old dad and the rest of the family, rode up and checked out "take me back to Renfro Valley" (KY)..a popular song back in the day..

there's a little bluegrass museum and show..

went up there a couple of years ago..nice little place!

probably on the internet..

Tommie..you said And one thing fikester forgotto mention that might matter to you would be storms. They shut me down for hours..

well, I don't know about where you live but sometimes we have these little pop-up thunderstorms in the summer and it takes a BAD one to knock my DirectTV off the air..and then it's a flash in the pan thing..only lasting a few minutes..so, I am assuming that my internet will behave the same way..we'll see..

Yes I have read several complaints on the storm outages....that may very well be different at each site, as well as dish size too. Myself only see an outage with a very severe thunderstorm for a few mins...again my signal is in the 82-85 with a .74m dish. I dialed this dish in myself just as my DTV dish, the installer left with my TV dish at 70...with a little patience I scored a 98, made a big difference in a heavy rain. Same way for the internet dish....if your signal is 55 on a clear blue sky, you will loose service in the 30's, so when in storms the lower signal will have an outage much more often. Some location and sats re-aiming will not improve the signal at all and will need a bigger dish....and maybe a 2watt radio to get the job done. In anycase I cant complain with the outage time....but if I was one who was having to spend more money for a .98m dish and a 2watt transmitter to get on line on a rainy day.....would complain too!

Overall the Hughes dish is more sensitive to rain than my DTV is......another thing to keep in mind is weather at the NOC which is located in Germantown, MD will also affect your site performance as well.

Branson did not start the actual music. It had been there long before it got famous for it.

OK, famous wise maybe, but we were not far behind.  :wink:

1964: The Baldknobbers music show moves into a downtown Branson theater.

1967: The Presley family opened the first theater on "the Strip," Hwy. 76.

http://www.branson-missouri.com/history.asp

Johnny Rion

He was born in Farmington, Missouri.

In 1937 he did a Saturday night radio program singing live on KFVS Cape Girardeau Missouri and began a radio career that spanned 60 years.

Johnny also had his songs recorded and released by:

Ernest Tubb

Go Home

etc...

http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/story/index.php?id=13505

Hank Williams..."He sings more sincere than most entertainers," Williams explained, "because the hillbilly was raised rougher than most entertainers. You got to know a lot about hard work. You got to have smelt a lot of mule manure before you can sing like a hillbilly."

http://muse.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/access.cgi?uri=/journals/southern_cultures/v009/9.2huber.html

And the Ozarks do run up through the middle. So maybe not as important, but still in the running.  :grin2:

Tommie..sometimes we do our own pickin' and grinning'...

here's a short grainy clip with my digital camera..

crude, but you get the idea..

my dad, 76th birthday the day this was taken (the smaller older guy seated), sings by the letter..that is..

"open your mouth and let'er fly"...LOL..

I bang around on guitar too some...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ddfridd007/?action=view&current=POP76thBirthday084.flv

Aww, daytrader, that's *so* nice, thanks for sharing it with us. I'm more of a 'hick' than a 'hillbilly'. Hope you're not prejudiced :grin:

Happy Christmas Day all y'all :cheesy:

Anyone besides me have little use for 'modern' country music as in 'popular'? I fell for bluegrass music via many festivals the biggest of which (that I spent 3 sleepless days camping amidst) was/is the 'Walnut Valley Flat Pickin' Festival in Winfield, KS each 3rd 4-day weekend in August. Been several years, but it's awesome. I did see Bill Monroe and that bunch there too. Wowie Zoo! :smitten:

It IS Christmas for me..got Hughes net installed the other day..

have been on dail-up for 8 years..99% of my county here in Chattanooga, TN have Comcast or DSL but I live on a 6 mile road

where it's still rural, farms...has been a long 8 years riding a tricycle on a freeway..

this higher speed net will help greatly in online stock trading..

this is sweet!..

Dave

Hi Dave, I lived in Tenessee for 2+ years, and it was absolutely beautiful. Merry Christmas to you, and if you get a chance, go enjoy Rock City's peace for me for a day :)

Tommie..sometimes we do our own pickin' and grinning'...

here's a short grainy clip with my digital camera..

crude, but you get the idea..

my dad, 76th birthday the day this was taken (the smaller older guy seated), sings by the letter..that is..

"open your mouth and let'er fly"...LOL..

I bang around on guitar too some...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ddfridd007/?action=view&current=POP76thBirthday084.flv

nice vid  :smile2: