How can i make my NAT open instead of Strict.

h2haxor

I got a new router for x-mas, and it's a linksys BEFSR41 v4, and i'm attempting to play halo 2 with my xbox on Xbox live.

using the xbox's connection tester it tells me that my NAT is Strict, even though my connection to the server is awsome Latency: 39ms (58ms) packets: 25/25 i can't join anybodies game in halo 2.

i've exauhsted every thing i know about routers and NAT, forwarding the xbl ports, setting my mtu to 1365, putting my xbox in the DMZ and talking to support online and on the phone for hours. now it's time for the big guns..... testmy.net :D. So can you help me?

The reason it wont work is because it isnt supported..  There is a huge post on the xbox 360 forums about this problem.  I would keep my eye out for a new firmware from linksys.  Until then I would maybe invest on a cheap router or upgrade to a WRT54G or GL.

http://forums.xbox.com/1636968/ShowPost.aspx

For some reason the website isnt rendering correctly.

You could set up an ICS system.  Using two NICs on one computer and running your internet into that one computer.  Then using your router as a switch.  The only down side is that your ping might not be as good and the main computer is going to have to be online anytime someone wants to use the internet.

i had that router but a lower version and it worked fine as long as it was 1 xbox only and as soon as 2 xboxes got online it would mess up.  try putting the xbox as 192.168.0.250 and then go into the router and make the dmz that ip and it might work cause mine worked like that.  dont know why the xbox had to have the ip before i made it the DMZ but it worked that way so its worth a shot.  does the router have UPNP on there ?  that could make it work

also swimmer my ping is the same as i only play games through my PC with ics and never have a problem at all and i get host about 99% of the time on halo 2 with my connection so i guess it depends on your setup and equipment.

whats your gt if you play halo 2?

and i've tried everything there is to get it outa strict NAT.

DMZ, port forwarding, UPnP, QoS, changing the router's ip range, changing my MTU, cloning the xbox's mac address, disabling the firewall entirely, disabling the NAT(couldn't connect at all after that) i don't know :'(