Storm311

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand this snow  :haha:

It sucks!

Send the snow to me  :lol:

really, this sucks we had around 0.5 m of snow and its already melted away, this time a year it should be cold here. Around New year it use to be -30 C and now its around -3 C.

My snowmobile just stands there waiting for snow, and so do i  :2funny:

VanBuren :)

Send the snow to me  :lol:

really, this sucks we had around 0.5 m of snow and its already melted away, this time a year it should be cold here. Around New year it use to be -30 C and now its around -3 C.

My snowmobile just stands there waiting for snow, and so do i  :2funny:

lol , -3C, it's +12C miday, here in the UK (south ) , last time we had decent snow was back in 1977, things are definitely changing ,wetter but warmer in the UK winter,

:twisted: -30C in sweden  :evil6: I have been in Germany at -15C, but it was a dry cold unlike our damp UK cold which was -5c at that time, I got picked up by the local German police and was read  the riot act for being out wearing a pullover and no coat ,they took me back to the Hotel, and asked the hotel manager to make sure I was properly dressed  next time I went out ,  :lol:

Yeah,  looking back they were right ,

Well we are still trying to recover from that last storm, still working on snow removal, trying to get stocks in teh stores because the trucks couldn't make it in, and now they are talking about another storm of the same calibur, denver already has 5+ inches from only a couple of hours worth of snow and they didn't even get snow removed from the last one, snow pack on the side streets are still about 5 inches or more in some places, bulldozers are going through trying to break through it.  Its just bad lol

lol , -3C, it's +12C miday, here in the UK (south ) , last time we had decent snow was back in 1977, things are definitely changing ,wetter but warmer in the UK winter,

:twisted: -30C in sweden  :evil6: I have been in Germany at -15C, but it was a dry cold unlike our damp UK cold which was -5c at that time, I got picked up by the local German police and was read  the riot act for being out wearing a pullover and no coat ,they took me back to the Hotel, and asked the hotel manager to make sure I was properly dressed  next time I went out ,  :lol:

Yeah,  looking back they were right ,

yea its a bit scary, things ain't normal.. I hope it will change

hehe, yea they was right taking you back to hotel. I don't know if you was drunk at that time, but its easy to freeze to death falling asleep outdoors at that temperature.

Well we are still trying to recover from that last storm, still working on snow removal, trying to get stocks in teh stores because the trucks couldn't make it in, and now they are talking about another storm of the same calibur, denver already has 5+ inches from only a couple of hours worth of snow and they didn't even get snow removed from the last one, snow pack on the side streets are still about 5 inches or more in some places, bulldozers are going through trying to break through it.  Its just bad lol

lol Storm311, great name, concidering the subject ,  :evil6: is Evans in Colarado, Lattitude 40.deg. north , I am at 51 deg.north in the UK, is snow normal that far south ?

yea its a bit scary, things ain't normal.. I hope it will change

hehe, yea they was right taking you back to hotel. I don't know if you was drunk at that time, but its easy to freeze to death falling asleep outdoors at that temperature.

LOL, I was sober at the time, I just went for a walk  after eating dinner ,

but give the police their due, they were right , they also picked me up for jaywalking at 7 am , again they were very polite, they put me down as a  :idiot2: English man  :evil6:,

Btw I have a Swedish friend Gunn , who rekons our UK -C. is worse than back in Sweden , as it is a wet cold, ?, and the damp makes it worse,

I guess she may be right, some years back our UK rail network came too a halt because the snow was of the Swedish type, :lol: made us all laugh at the time ,  :lol: 

That reminds me of the year (1976 I believe) when I was working at a catering shop at the airport. We put meals on planes. Well we got hit by a real bad snow storm like never before. I got stuck not being "allowed" to go home. No one could make it in. They even put me up in a motel just so I would stay. 3 days of straight overtime at 16 hrs a day. $$$$$$$$ Nice payday the next week. Glad they made me stay. And we did very little work waiting on the airlines.  :evil6:

:haha: Dinner here

Same here.  :wink: