Xbox 360 NAT

Sparticus

Alright so here is the problem. When I try to play Call Of Duty 3 on the 360 it says, "Cannot connect to all players." So I search google and find the solution. It is to make sure when you do a test xbox live test under the system tab NAT is to say open. Ok so I figure out how to do this, DMZ my xbox and forward the ports. I do this and then restart my router well it says open great! After an hour or two I get the same error message and under NAT it says moderate. Its like it only lasts for about an hour or two. Can someone please help me?

Router: linksys WRT54G V6

p.s. when it said NAT said open I could join anyone's game.

i'll rent it if i can to see if i can help you but i dont think i'll have the chance to cause its rented every time i want a game.

Thanks man, it's really weird. I'll either forward the ports or DMZ my xbox and do the test it says open. Five minutes later moderate....  :idiot2:

do you have 2 internet cards in your comp?  if yes try internet connection sharing (ICS) and put the PC in the dmz and connect the xbox to the other card with a crossover cable cause thats how i have mine and i never have any problems at all and its always open.  its also better for host on halo 2 for ya cause your connection will be tweaked for it unlike going through your router.  let me know if you need anything and i'll help ya set it up :smile2:

do you have 2 internet cards in your comp?  if yes try internet connection sharing (ICS) and put the PC in the dmz and connect the xbox to the other card with a crossover cable cause thats how i have mine and i never have any problems at all and its always open.  its also better for host on halo 2 for ya cause your connection will be tweaked for it unlike going through your router. let me know if you need anything and i'll help ya set it up :smile2:

Thanks man, I have one NIC card, but I have a linksys usb NIC I could try that can you help me set it up?

i never used a usb NIC does your modem have usb? if yes that would go from the comp to the modem with usb then the other network card would goto the xbox with a crossover cable and then you have to enable ICS on the USB nic which will make the other network card 192.168.0.1 and the xbox will grab an ip off that.  if you have a firewall you will need to configure it for xbox live which is pretty easy.