MTU is stuck at 1472 and I have ADSL through bellsouth

sysco174

:!: Ok I have service through bell south 6.0 extreme. Then I got a new modem last night a Zoom X5v Voip Gateway and my MTU dropped from 1492 to 1472 and I cant get back to 1492 setting. I even manually input the correct settings in the reg and still nothing changed.  And I have tcp optimizer and it cant change the MTU either. Help!!!???

Sorry about that tommie gorman, thanks for the response and I'm glad to be here. And I was thinking about switching over to cable nut to give it a shot!!  Since for some reason I cant get into speedguide.net forums to ask for help :knuppel2:.  Give me about 5 - 10 mins and I'll grab cable nut and get my speed back up and zoom'n  :shock:

A few places I have looked was saying that PPPOE MTU should be 1492 even just using windows stock settings.  But I could be wrong also  :-|  Im a geek but not quite a super geek! [geek-small] Butt one day I will reach that spot of super geek [nerdly] lol 

Thanks for the help guys!!