Insight started traffic shapping Dec 20th?

natatkinson

Ahh.. I posted about this a couple of days ago.. I started noticing in about a week before Christmas or so...

Throttling has been my suspicion since, however, on *some* torrents, I'm still getting descent speeds.. but on the whole... no. 

Hopefully this thread doesn't die... Encryption doesn't help, I'm wondering what would be a good solution.

I'm assuming this is all due in part to the major headaches Insight were having after the upgrade, since it basically killed tons of peoples connections for weeks. Mine was severely injured for 2-3 weeks directly after the upgrade. I'm sure they noticed ton's of bandwidth going directly to bittorrenting, and decided the way to save their network was to kill bittorrent.

Is that ethical? Lots of people have internet solely for bittorrenting. I myself use it to Legally obtain Grateful Dead and Phish concerts. Free to trade, and free to share.  Nothing wrong with that. I know there is some fine print in there TOS that states basically they can change/add/remove any features or services at anytime, and the only way to deal with it is to terminate the service...

But one tends to figure, that when you pay for a service, such as the internet, you should be able to to with it what you will, in confines of the law and such.

What a nightmare.