Need help for SATELLITE internet connection!!!

jjb

Unfortunately I feel your pain. I am on the same satellite just I am with Wildblue and not Xplorenet. Personally I think I would rather be on Xplorenet. Wildblue has to have the worst traffic shaping system on the continent. Ping times are horrendous. Skype will not even log in. Vonage or any other VOIP provider does not work.

Here is what our pings look like(these are better than usual, usually averages in the 1600s):

Pinging yahoo.com [66.94.234.13] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1187ms TTL=47

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1477ms TTL=47

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1686ms TTL=47

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1158ms TTL=46

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1361ms TTL=47

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1185ms TTL=46

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1171ms TTL=48

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1318ms TTL=47

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1237ms TTL=48

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=1160ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 66.94.234.13:

Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 1158ms, Maximum = 1686ms, Average = 1294ms

Satelite is satelite no matter who puts it out. They come out of the gate hell on wheels, and then. Normal satelite service.  :tongue2:

For a while everybody wanted on Wild Blue till they also over sold. That gave Hughes an edge. So would switching to another satelite will probably do you no good.

Just my thoughts.  :grin2:

Hello, I saw this post and just had to register and reply. As I am one of the many unlucky that has no other choice than Satellite, and yes I am with wildblue.net.

Tommy this is more redirected to you, as you seem to know quite abit, but if anyone can give a decent answer I'll take it. I've been with wildblue satellite for over a year. I've always had unstable connection, and I believe it to be my upload. I'm on the lowest plan 512kps download 128kps upload. My operating system is Windows XP Pro if that matters. I do have Avast Anti Virus and Windows Firewall/Defender too. Here is my test:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 523 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 64 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/01/22 - 4:44pm

Bottom Line:: 9X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 16 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 9.078 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 44.62 % of your hosts average (80.55)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-V37ZWC1RJ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 26 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 3 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/01/22 - 4:47pm

Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 341.33 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 30.437 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 28.26 % of your hosts average (80.58)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-158QI9TRX

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

It clearly states my upload may need help. Question is how? And I'm to the point I honestly dont care how. I've searched, downloaded, respec'd, asked for support, and nothing has helped this. I would pay, sacrifice, or whatever it takes to get my internet running just more stable, where i don't auto-disconnect from online programs or have people understand me in online voice chats, that sorda thing. Im more inclined to improve stability over speed, but both would be great too, just want what I paid for.

With that said Would upgrading my service to a higher plan help?

Is there any programs out there that can improve performance?

Is there a place I can go to or a book out instructing me how to set my computer to the best?

Sorry for the long post, I just really need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Zerger   :wave::welcome:

First see if you have anything running in the back ground. click on these keys.Ctrl+Alt+Del to see if anything is running in the background.

Second of all don't test with the smart test. Use the "Largest - 2992 kB"

for your D/L and the "Medium - 579 kB " for testing your U/L, if you aren't.  The smart test always gives me bad scores.

There are certain beams and gateways on Wildblue that have had horrible uploads for quite some time.  Upgrading your plan most likely will not help.  Have you called Wildblue support?  It could also be that you have a bad transmitter, or cable corrosion.  I would call and see if you can get someone out to check the install, and tweak you dish.

I've not called into Wildblue support, but I've done live chat with them. Nothing has helped. I do feel as if my install might have been done poorly, I'll get that checked out last if nothing here helps any, thanks ghostmaster.

Thanks for the welcome Tommie. Here is my background programs:

ashServ.exe                          SYSTEM

ctfmon.exe                            admin

mssysmgr.exe                      admin

rundll32.exe                          admin

jusched.exe                          admin

ashDisp.exe                          admin

G-vga.exe                             admin

explorer.exe                          admin

svchost.exe                          SYSTEM

spoolsv.exe                          SYSTEM

svchost.exe                          LOCAL SERVICE

svchost.exe                          NETWORK SERVICE

svchost.exe                          NETWORK SERVICE

lsass.exe                             SYSTEM

services.exe                         SYSTEM

winlogon.exe                         SYSTEM

csrss.exe                             SYSTEM

smss.exe                             SYSTEM

wdfmgr.exe                           LOCAL SERVICE

iexplore.exe                          admin

nvsvc32.exe                          SYSTEM

System                                 SYSTEM

System Idle Process             SYSTEM

It's alot I admit, but I dare not mess with stuff I dont know about. I'll re-run the upload and download test with those specs you gave me. Thanks Tommie. I'll have them posted here when I finish the testing. May take a bit, cause my upload testing seems to fail 95% of the time when I do it and brings me to a internet.protocol error page.

Thanks again guys, those are some really good quick replies.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 413 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 50 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/01/22 - 7:11pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.48 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 59.359 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 29.73 % of your hosts average (wildblue.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B47I5RW1Y

The upload test fails internet explorer and cant get test results. I'll keep trying to get that info to you guys. Appreciate the help, but I'm done for the night. Will try to get back with you tomorrow.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as G-VGA.exe, particularly if they are located in c:windows or c:windowssystem32 folder. Thus check the G-VGA.exe process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.

That was the only thing in the list that seemed suspect...

So if you don't have a "GigaByte" brand motherboard, or video card, I might would be suspicious....

• CA3LE locked this topic