Hughes Upload Tweak---Works

816_1443013898

I just re-installed my O/s then installed TCP Optimizer As I always do then performed a few upload tests each showing 2kB/s...Wow I know!

Then Added this registry Tweak as below.......... And KAZZZZZAM! a blazing 4kB/s.

It is proven to double the upload speed as they say. It's real easy to do .

So give it a try [glow=red,2,300]" Yes You To Tommy Gorman"[/glow] :) 

Be sure to try the 18000 and 17a00 Values and if it dosn't work for you Simply Delete the Value>

registry tweak has been found and tested to improve upload speeds on Satellite Return Systems. The only problem is that it only pertains to certain operating systems, with certain processors, with certain amounts of memory. This tweak requires modifying the registry, so please be sure to back up your registry before doing any of these modifications. This tweak has been extensively tested, and has not shown any signs of being problematic with any system. The details for the certain systems that this works on are below, but don

My fastest upload speed to this day ...[glow=red,2,300]EVER![/glow]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 87 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/12/31 - 6:53am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 93.09 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 36.516 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 86.14 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-V32QR6AXL

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

Im getting advertised "up to" speeds with no tweaks......

::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 200 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 24 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/12/31 - 8:36am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 42.67 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 41.531 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 98.02 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZAWGTUF14

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Hughes has control over the modem......... :haha:

Im getting advertised "up to" speeds with no tweaks......

:::::::::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 200 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 24 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/12/31 - 8:36am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 42.67 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 41.531 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 98.02 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZAWGTUF14

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Hughes has control over the modem......... :haha:

yes control over the modem...

But not the Operating system as this tweak is designed for,.

Good to see you are getting advertised speeds..but many are not.

[nerd]

Probably because they are crowding all off them on the same gateways...

If these "operating system" tweaks work so well why did the 4000's all drop in speed.....if this were a gateway issue the speeds would go back to the 2200+ speeds the 4000's were getting awhile ago during the off peak hours.....bottom line is Hughes pays big money for the BW and they are not going to allow it to flow that easily.

There is another web site that pretty much explains this can not be done and is in short useless to mess with these tweaks.   :shock:

hint: for hughes users wanting to faster.....shell out the greenbacks to Germantown, MD  after all your operating system does get plugged into the Hughes modem which does have true control of the speed :haha:

here read it for yourself......

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/satellite/8._Self-Hosted_Systems-DW4020-6000-7000

The difference here is that the DW6000 and above HAVE their own OS, and simply act as an active gateway router.  The DW4000 is just like a passive modem, so any  tweaks to the OS pass on through the modem.  OS tweaks don't work on the DW6000 and above, because once the information passes through D6k+, it is transmitted with whatever TCP settings are used on the DW6K+.

When I say could be putting them on the same gateways, I don't mean they are necessarily clogging the drain.  If all of the modems on a specific gateway are DW4000 or below, they could limit the bandwidth on the actual gateway, since they can't control the modem.  They don't have to do that with the DW6K+ because they can control the bandwidth on the modem.

As a matter of fact, the link you provided backs up what I just said...

<blockquote>

"Can I Tweak My Self-Hosted System? (#8500) 

The short answer is, not much.

Explanation: <b>The way your computer connects to the Internet when using a DW6000 or DW4020 is significantly different than it would with a non-self-hosted system like a DW4000. Instead of a direct connection to Internet servers, your computer connects through the appliance. The appliance itself maintains the connection to the external server and buffers both incoming and outgoing data. This precludes the use of the standard TCP

Almost every computer user has different Internet connection conditions. Some users have very high-speed connections, while others have slow connections. Some users have high-speed connections using cable-based technologies, while others have high-speed connection through DSL-based technologies. On top of these differences, some are located farther away from their local network switching station than others and have a higher latency (delay) on their connections because of the distance the data has to travel. All of these different connection conditions make every user unique.

[glow=red,2,300]The TCP/IP protocol settings can be optimized for best speed under each of these situations. By default, Windows XP has these settings set in a "one size fits all" approach. [/glow] As I mentioned earlier, Windows has to be abstract in certain areas because of its broad user base. Because of this approach, many users can fine-tune their settings to be optimal for their connection conditions. Doing so will optimize the data transferred so your network connection will be more efficient, leading to high speeds.

With a little help from some fine online tools and software programs, you can test your Internet connection and decide what needs fine-tuning. The process of tweaking your Internet connection is not always easy, but it is doable.

Caution: Before going any further, you are strongly advised to create a system restore point, so that if things go wrong, which is not very likely, you will have a backup.

The next step in the tweaking process is to get all of the software that is needed. The main software program that you will use is called CableNut, which is developed by CableNut Software and is available for free at www.cablenut.com. CableNut is a great program that allows users to edit their Internet settings easily.