From an Old Member

fred

actually...I was 18 1/2 when I married. 11 months later...my darling Susan was born in a tiny Army hospital in Seattle...where I grew up. Was supposed to go to Madigan at Fort Lewis, but I found the docs real 'chilly' with moms-to-be. They were prepped for returning soldiers full of lead and worse...the little hospital was a trip! Make your own bed, get going pronto but the stay there was like 7 days. Now? if you get a day and a 1/2...it's crazy.

ah! the 'embarrassed' face..ok, it looks like ''bout to pop-your-top face..hahaha :haha:

To know what the smileys mean, just place your mouse point over the smiley. I use them differently sometimes, it works better.

Yeah if no complications they want you out. Gotta loves HMO's. One thing I really like about the VA hospital, they will not run you off, if you need to be there.  :grin2: And no monthly fee.

More smart youngins should do a short time, if nothing else for the lifetime medical. And yes, I live with in 20 miles of one.  :grin2:

Ya, I've 'hovered' over many of them...most in fact...but the 'angry' look of what says 'embarrased' never matched my emotions..so, IF you see me use it:

I'm hoppin' mad :tickedoff:

Many say 'boo' on VA hospitals but they do among the best work around. It's hard though, to have to wait for routine things...I've heard complaints on that score. Canadian friend needs an MRI badly to prepare for back surgery...can't get one for 6 months!!! Socialized medicine? Maybe...then again...what's our hurry!! 'They' will only find something 'wrong' that isn't all that abnormal. That's my feeling. Doctors are ok, got my flu shot this last fall, seems to have helped shorten a bout of it. I'm going to check on the comfy chair/tv combo for a bit

maybe set my A/V to scan for awhile too. :smiley:

Take two, and call me in the morning :wink:

Many say 'boo' on VA hospitals but they do among the best work around. It's hard though, to have to wait for routine things...I've heard complaints on that score.

They have pretty much gotten rid of the wait in the KC MO one. Seldom hear that any more, at least in the last 3 or 4 years. Yeah it used to be bad for that. I usually get in right away. Though I have only been 4 times in the last 4 years myself. I don't like the stay no matter who is paying.  :wink2:

Unless I am in for a routine checkup, then... But not bad.

And again no monthly fee, I pay $500+ for the wife and kids on insurance per month.  :tickedoff:

That's awful big $$$ monthly tommie!! Yipes! Was just watching some of 'Alias'. Not much on the tube...but, I'll be toddling off soon...need to maybe get a couple things done early...Zzz... :icon_jokercolor::angel4: (there's an emote-combo...jester + angel...'bout right)  :cool: Nyte-Tall...zzz...take care, don't let the bed bugs bite :smiley:

I may have made you blush tommie...but I didn't mean just one of 'us' :grin: and you ARE cute and sweet..probably more than that too...but don't worry, I've not set my cap for a fellow in quite awhile, not in any seriousness at least...Call me 'Gram' ok? :smiley6600::wink:[nerd]

Oh lol cutie Tommie my Son , yeah,  it's sad you are so young ,would you please just move over for a older guy, :evil6: oh lol at last , :grin2:  by the way Tommie remind me who is Water ? I get a bit forgetful these days, is that the one with the big .............................

social conscience,   

Regards Grandad Roco  UK  :lol:

P.s. own teeth and can travel  :evil6:

It is Blue Cross Blue Shield with me self employeed.  :wink2: That is about as low as I could find. Most insurance will not take self employeed unless there are several employees.  :sad:

Oh lol cutie Tommie my Son , yeah,  it's sad you are so young ,would you please just move over for a older guy, :evil6: oh lol at last , :grin2:  by the way Tommie remind me who is Water ? I get a bit forgetful these days, is that the one with the big .............................

social conscience,   

Regards Grandad Roco  UK  :lol:

P.s. own teeth and can travel  :evil6:

Yes Roco she is the one with the big...  :wink2: Go get em Grandad.  :evil6:

LOL 'you guys' I'll try and 'go get 'em' later :wink: Or maybe, uh..soon. I've run into some interesting uh..computer hiccups...but, I'm The Doctor and the doctor is 'IN' here at home...boy, is THAT ever a trip..it's been going psycho..ya, did all the diagnostics and wow, I won't even begin to give you the list of it's little freakish new behaviors..Dr. MOm/GRAMmy/JO feels like a rocket-surgeon tonight. Too many, too many, too many to list...but now all good. Holy Crap! :roll: