I wish I had never said that !

Roco

Guess, we have all said things we would like to forget  :lol:

1949 "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science. 

1957 "I have travelled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year." The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall. 

1968 "But what ... is it good for?" Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM commenting on the microchip. 

1977 "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp..

1991 - June MS-DOS 5.0, PC-DOS 5.0

In order to promote OS/2 Bill Gates took every opportunity after its release to say 'DOS is dead', however the development of DOS 5.0 lead to the permanent dropping of OS/2 development.

some interesting computer  history on  [nerdly]

http://trillian.randomstuff.org.uk/~stephen//history/timeline.html

"Mr. Franklin? Ya think this 'lectricity stuff will catch on?"

That's what I'd have asked...

But seriously...my hearing's been gone for ages...I appreciate the shrinking of high-technology my 'aid' is my saving...'specially with wee grandkids voices...not to mention the phone, and music? Wow!

Would you like to join me in listening over OUR present tech.?

-Taste Treat in Tunes Time-

http://www.archive.org/details/casbahradio072206

From the archives of www.archive.org (AKA 'Casbah' KSYM-San Antonio)

Nice 'canned' 2-hour radio program of non-stop full cuts from one of my personal favorites of all time...

"The Ventures"

(I download but am doing Stream from this listed item):

'casbahradio072206_vbr.m3u VBR M3U Stream'

Happy listening :-)

Don't let the bed bugs bite y'all... :smitten:

mogramjo , thanks for the link to the Ventures ,  :thumbsup:

see you like B.Boys and Brian Wilson . I went to Brian's London Smile concert , I still got the T shirt , unfortunately it shrunk ,  :lol: I cant tell a lie it was me that chopped down the cherry tree,  :idiot2:,

(I guess I got a bit fatter since then  :evil6:, )

I have the same problem hearing the rug rats Granchildren , fortunately  :wink2:

only kidding  :evil6: bless them  :smile2:

Hey roco...myeldest grown kid burned a copy of Brian's 'Smile' for me..it's lovely that you got his London 'Smile' concert..I'm  :computer: <green, that is and pretty 'square' mostly. But I have eclectic preferences in most things...bought m'self the newly produced 'Love' album which is all origina tracks from the 'boys'...a wee bit mixed and mashed..gorgeous sound quality..foe to say that..it has to be SUPER. Love it, in fact...time's a wastin and could use some tunes! I wish I could find the link to the .wmv music video I kept of 'beach boys' exact style-singing and backup...but it's our other 'boys', in uniform back when Kosovo was so very much on my mind. Simply called 'kosovomusicvideo'. They horse around and lip-sync perfectly...it's all the way neat.Oh, you may not have intuited that the 'Kosovo' great lyrics is song and orchestrated to 'Kokomo' Hahahaha...mightn't have been an obvious connection to "The Beach Boy" hahaha...am crackin' m'self UP, now.. :2funny: Wheweee

If I find it...I'll post it.

Have  good day/night.All Y'all <(~~)>, 'mo'

My Favorite quote:

:haha::lol::idiot2:

Considering Microsoft's software is probably the biggest "Memory Hog" out there!

Ya gotta lay off the Fish n' Chips, Mate.  :-P

:lol: I have, I am on a liquids only diet , Why O why do all the members of the Silver surfer club I support , think I need a bottle of Scotch for Christmas  :evil6:

Bless them  :lol:  

:lol: your right on the memory hog , 2Gb for Vista   and thanks for filling the 80's gap

Oh geeze roco, what a flake I am today! hahaha...the 'Love' album? Unless you already knew of it...haha I didn't say the magic word:

"Beatles" master tracks and oh boy!  :idea:

:lol: forget the Beatles , more of a Stones type of Guy , but for me the Beach Boys were the nearest thing to god , sitting in the rain at watergate bay Cornwall , watching the 1ft monster waves roll in ,  :evil6:

Oh Boy ?  :shock: I would have worked for free to be on that set  :lol:

my fav track of all time =Je suis un rock star - Bill Wyman ... lol it still makes me laugh and remember the good old days, of a couple of years back ,I hasten to add  :wink2:

2nd.fav,  Riders on  the storm , the doors, kinda sumed up my life then and still the same today ,  :roll:

"Into this world were thrown

Like a dog without a bone

An actor out on loan

Riders on the storm"

:lol:I might add that to my Sig.

:cry2:lost all my LP's  :whaa: in a rapid house move back in the mid 70's  :evil6:

guess we are going well off topic here , so I might start a new one, pick ONE all time Fav.music  track , that should sort the men from the boys , :lol:

Bill Gates once said something like 'There will never be a need for more than 512 bytes of storage.'  -- not Kilobytes... bytes... hahaha.  Hell, my avatar is 21 times bigger than that.  Just the visible text on this page (what you can see and read, minus the code) is 14,500 bytes... and he thought that there would never be a need for anything larger than 512bytes.  I bet he's wishing that people would forget that he said that.  Actually he doesn't care because he has 50 billion dollars, lol.  If someone talks shit about him he can stuff their mouth full of $100 bills till they can't be heard anymore :-P.

Here.. I'll show you what 512 bytes of information looks like...  >>  :oops:(oops that smiley was actually 650 bytes, lol)

Oh LOL for a mouth full of $ ,I can talk Shit all day , Yeah I have been training on TMN  for the past year,and I have a big mouth,b4 anyone posts a comment  :evil6: 

Gates sucks big time , :thefinger: so there Bill.........erh.... Sir  ,

he got me to test win M.E. and I had to pay him for the privilege  :evil2:, I remember only too well early versions, didn't do the revolutionary restore without a patch , yeah I found out after I tried a restore on my  shot O/S,

Oh lol,  here comes another mouthfull of TMN $,  :whaa:

:evil6::lol:

Well good show and nice original post anyway Roco. I enjoyed it, myth and all.  :cool: What is a good thread without a story or 2  :?:  [nerdly]

Here's a couple more:  :lol:

1) "I'm voting for Nader. It won't make a difference in the election, but it'll definitely get the Democrats' attention."

2) "I'll bet a splash of Aqua Velva would feel refreshing on my newly shaved scrotum."

3) "Man, being Martha Stewart's lawyer is boring. I wish something interesting would happen."

4) "I bet your breasts would look great in zero gravity."  [  :thumbsup: ]

http://www.topfive.com/arcs/pk071803.shtml

:evil6:

Well good show and nice original post anyway Roco. I enjoyed it, myth and all.  :cool: What is a good thread without a story or 2  :?:  [nerdly]

Here's a couple more:  :lol:

1) "I'm voting for Nader. It won't make a difference in the election, but it'll definitely get the Democrats' attention."

2) "I'll bet a splash of Aqua Velva would feel refreshing on my newly shaved scrotum."

3) "Man, being Martha Stewart's lawyer is boring. I wish something interesting would happen."

4) "I bet your breasts would look great in zero gravity."  [  :thumbsup: ]

http://www.topfive.com/arcs/pk071803.shtml

:evil6:

#2 , dont go there guys , it makes your eyes water + some,  trust me on that ,

#4 ,  :lol: guys dont use that as a chat up line.............................

or you will say ,  " I wish I had never said that ! " :lol