help with plasma tv

disturbed

I have a problem...I own a Zenith 42inch plasma tv - well...it has been all good and I couldnt complain about performance BUT recently, in the last 2-3 weeks I have been getting some sort of DOTS appearing all over my screen....

They are bright white and they are not stationary like dead pixels on an lcd, but they seem to be constantly appearing and disappearing...its like having bad quality cable tv with snow all over the picture...

Thats what I thought it was...I thought it was my cable, but no...I decided to watch a DVD today and, there it was.......

Does anyone know what the problem is ? ...I bought the 3 year special warranty from best buy that is still valid...should I bring it in for a replacement ? ...is it going dead ?....

Thnx!

this could be one of many possibilities, there could be air in your tv which means that plasma gas is leaking out of your tv. it could be that the device that forms the picture is bad. it could also be that the tv is just out of wack and needs a tune up. I would just give zenith a call.

edit: spelling -D

The problem is called Sparkles

This is down to the Voltages in the TV

It is possible to remove these by Tweaking the PSU

But if this does not work the the Y-sus board or the Z-sus will need changing

( Poss need both changed)

Also an off chance that the PSU in not Holding the correct voltage

so if you have a warrenty

then call them out so the Engineer can check this for you

Just to let you know I do this for a living in the UK (FLAT panel Repairs for one f the Main retailers)

I love plasma tv's though - maybe this product was a little defective, maybe its one of the few that simply dont have a long life, but regardless of that I enjoyed it.....I prefer plasma over lcd - and the entire hype of 1080p on lcd is almost non existant when ti comes to plasma tv's I believe......from what I have seen and experienced, 720p on plasma is pretty much equal to 1080p on lcd (picture quality....)

just few of my thoughts ;)

I love plasma tv's though - maybe this product was a little defective, maybe its one of the few that simply dont have a long life, but regardless of that I enjoyed it.....I prefer plasma over lcd - and the entire hype of 1080p on lcd is almost non existant when ti comes to plasma tv's I believe......from what I have seen and experienced, 720p on plasma is pretty much equal to 1080p on lcd (picture quality....)

just few of my thoughts ;)

you can get a 1080p plasma. they have been out for a while

Guest tacs411

I'm new to this forum :binkybaby: I know when Plasma screens came out I had an anxiety attack.  A regular screen is measured by pixels....what is a plasm measured by? 

I know..I know...I can't watch Numbers, the TV show, either. And I don't need to mention what the movie, A Beautiful Mind, did to me. :confused1:

Oh...FYI..I'm a girl, tacs is the name of my company.

I'm new to this forum :binkybaby: I know when Plasma screens came out I had an anxiety attack.  A regular screen is measured by pixels....what is a plasm measured by? 

I know..I know...I can't watch Numbers, the TV show, either. And I don't need to mention what the movie, A Beautiful Mind, did to me. :confused1:

a plasma is measured by pixels as well.

they are coming out on Tuesday to check it out ;)

Good, best of luck with the repairs.  :smile2:

Oh...FYI..I'm a girl, tacs is the name of my company.

Umm...yeah your a girl.  :shock:

Welcome to the forum tacs  :wave::welcome: